PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C351 color shift

Custom Search

Buddy
06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Has anyone seen color shift on the C351 on 12X18 thick paper? We are getting copies that the color reg. starts out good on the lead edge but the yellow is shifted by almost 1mm on the trail edge. All the other colours seem to be good and QC seems to be good in all other areas. KM has some suggestions for a larger color shift but they (the suggestions) don't help with this small shift.

cboucher
06-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Try experimenting with media type settings...

nightshade
06-21-2007, 04:15 AM
12X18 thick?

How thick? How many at a time? Thick paper is to be run in 1sy 2sy at a time runs.

Are you using paper that is on the media guide? Even though if it's on the media guide it's not guaranteed for copy/print quality. Only that it will not harm the copier.

Replace the whole registration/transfer assy if you can.

JSC
06-21-2007, 09:16 AM
There is special firmware to combat this fault on thick paper for C351,C450.
Mechanical Control - Phase 2.52 (Special Firmware for improvement of colour registration in Thick 2 and 3 mode

Buddy
06-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I have checked the Canadian firmware and that firmware is not listed, aleast not the special firmware, any chance you could send it to me?

dudley
07-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I have seen this color shift on heavy stock before. Go into you fuser speed and knock it back(slower) by one or two settings. I know this sounds strange but if the fuser speed is too fast, it causes a pull on the transfer belt throwing off the registration. Don't forget to adjust the right speed for heavy stock

halia_merah
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
another thing that i want to suggest is try change your thickness setting to thick 1,2 or 3.and plain.sometimes it work for some type of paper.

random
10-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say you are printing on some pretty heavy stock.

What happens is the thick paper is pressed between the transfer roller and the belt with pressure then the speed differences between paper feed and fuser changes the speed of the paper and due to it's rigidity this speed change slows down/speeds up the transfer belt while it is still 'exposing' the color you are seeing that is our of reg.

So yes changing fuser speed and adding loop will help. Also adjust the colour reg with the chart using the stock your are having problems with and use the third sheet for adjustment.

Custom Search