PDA

View Full Version : c550 Mod Kit?

Custom Search

pacman
01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Hey guys, I've got a question for you. I have a c550 out in the field that needs a few parts. Among them is a metal retaining clip for the black drum that apparently came in a modification kit. Would anyone happen to know the part number for either the clip or the mod kit?

Also the photo sensing element part #V869900045.......is this the correct part number?

Appreciated as always!!!

Stirton.M
02-01-2011, 02:16 AM
I am not sure of the clip part number, but a better method for keeping the image unit in place is to look in tray one, the cleaning pads. Cut one up into little squares and stick a couple on the existing rubber pads of the lock lever. I double up on the black to ensure good pressure is applied. The metal bracket I am told works, but prevents the end users from replacing their own unit as needed.

Which photo sensor are you talking about? There are several different types of photo sensors throughout the machine. The number you have shown here does not appear to be a KM part number reference.

pacman
02-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey Sirtan.........sorry it took me a while. Here's the issue - everything keeps going out of registration. From what I understand, all the registration is based off the black and the black keeps moving.

Oh, we did find that part number. It's the photo interruptor.

Stirton.M
02-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Are you getting any P-codes, and if so, what are those codes?

There are several items to look at regarding image registration, and knowing the code being tossed will help eliminate some things. Also, provide a scanned sample of a lattice 4 colour on 11x17.

Also, ensure the firmware of the machine is up to date. B8 is the latest, B4 is the one previous but should also be fine.

And is the machine in an area where the temperature can vary significantly? Like near an entrance to outside or near a window with an enclosed space? Temperature swings can wreak havoc on the auto adjustments the machine makes depending on the temperature of the laser unit internally.

Custom Search