PDA

View Full Version : sizzle on a c450.

Custom Search

jokacross
02-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I guys. I'm posting this because the machine when starts printing there's a noisy and annoying sizzle, that's I don t know where he come from. Can someone experiencing the same problem or knows were is the problem source? My machine right now have 800000 copys and the black unit is almost finish. Thanks!

jokacross
02-02-2011, 11:00 AM
One more thing. What is the medium life for this machine? There are a limit of copies that the machine can handle?

Stirton.M
02-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Someone cooking bacon on the fuser? :P

Not sure what you mean by sizzle. These machines make a variety of sounds, but sizzle is not one of them. When does it make this noise? Idle, during copies and prints, at power up? Can you localize the noise?

As for the the life span, maybe a couple million but with some significant caveats.

The machine was well maintained over this period, worn parts replaced regularly, machine was not abused, such as excessive use of heavy stock, exceeding monthly duty cycle (rated to be 40K average, with a maximum 60K). Note that the duty cycle, if you run at 60K/month, this machine is being pushed too hard and ideally a higher PPM machine should be used in place.

In general, the better taken care of, the longer it will last. To my knowledge, these machines still have a service support projection for at least a couple years.

That said, they are old technology. Newest lines, the C451 (C550 and C650) series or newer still, the C452 series (C552 and C652) are light years ahead in technology, though these lines do have some issues with the fusing units in certain circumstances. Production line machines like the C6500 series (5500) and C6501 (5501) are more robust and meant for producing high volume on heavy stocks. The replacement lines for these are now known as the Press series, C6000, C7000 and C8000. The former lines like the C451 are below $20K, while the C6500 series is around $50K. The C6000 and C7000 are just slightly more, while the C8000 is almost double.

Depending on what you plan on doing with that C450, light printing duties in an office, it should last a very long time...at least until the parts chain starts running out. If you plan on doing anything more demanding than this, it would be best that you look into a newer machine. Cost per copy on the new series is significantly cheaper than the C450.

jokacross
02-03-2011, 10:07 AM
The machine make the noise on power up, during copies and prints. The noise become from back the machine near the power supplier. The noise is like when you a a door with no lub on it. But in this case is a continue noise and stops when not coping printing or powering up.

Ok só my machine have long years to last. Because we make a 20000k month. Can you tell me an example of how many is ship the price of the copy.

Im many appreciated for your reply thanks a lot.

mo0651
02-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Hmmmmmmm...... Maybe an exhaust fan that has a plugged filter. Some of those will rattle.

minimerlin
02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Transfer belt cleaning drives? Waste box fitted wrongly?

jokacross
02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
humm. gona see if it is some of that tips. Thanks!

blackcat4866
02-03-2011, 11:15 PM
How about primary charge arcing. Are you getting light copies to go with that sizzle? =^..^=

Stirton.M
02-04-2011, 01:43 AM
The machine make the noise on power up, during copies and prints. The noise become from back the machine near the power supplier. The noise is like when you a a door with no lub on it. But in this case is a continue noise and stops when not coping printing or powering up.

Ok só my machine have long years to last. Because we make a 20000k month. Can you tell me an example of how many is ship the price of the copy.

Im many appreciated for your reply thanks a lot.

Cost per copy (CPC) on your machine is dependent upon any contract you may have for support. I am not privy to actual numbers, that is the sales end of the business. But typically I would not be surprised to see 10 cents per black and white and perhaps double that (or more) for colour on a C450. If you own the machine outright and buy your own toner and consumables (image units and so forth), your cost per copy will depend on the total costs you would see. For example, typically, a transfer belt and fuser unit will last somewhere between 3-4 times the life span of the image units. If the majority of prints you do are in B/W, the black image unit may be replaced perhaps 4 times in the span of the life of the belt or fusing unit. So add the cost of a transfer belt unit, fuser unit and the image units collectively for a total cost for the basic consumables. Add the cost of the toner you would also use, which I am not sure the actual yield. I would assume a couple bottles of toner per IU, maybe more?....divide that total cost by the number of total prints you would get from the machine, and that will give you an approximate CPC. It really depends on what you are printing however. Full page 100% coverage verses something with just text on it. The C450 counter keeps track of actual toner usage.

Some contracts have scaled billing based on the age of the machine, so that the longer you have it on contract, the more you will eventually be paying as time goes on, to cover for wear and tear that the machine will see. Actual costs vary from customer to customer and depends on how shrewd they are when buying a new machine contract.

The newer series for example, a C360, CPC may be well below a penny for black and white and perhaps a couple cents for colour. But again, this is dependent upon the deal worked out at the point of sale. This is not a standard in the industry and really depends on the local market and of course, brand. Some areas are maybe cheaper, while others are likely much higher.

jokacross
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Cost per copy (CPC) on your machine is dependent upon any contract you may have for support. I am not privy to actual numbers, that is the sales end of the business. But typically I would not be surprised to see 10 cents per black and white and perhaps double that (or more) for colour on a C450. If you own the machine outright and buy your own toner and consumables (image units and so forth), your cost per copy will depend on the total costs you would see. For example, typically, a transfer belt and fuser unit will last somewhere between 3-4 times the life span of the image units. If the majority of prints you do are in B/W, the black image unit may be replaced perhaps 4 times in the span of the life of the belt or fusing unit. So add the cost of a transfer belt unit, fuser unit and the image units collectively for a total cost for the basic consumables. Add the cost of the toner you would also use, which I am not sure the actual yield. I would assume a couple bottles of toner per IU, maybe more?....divide that total cost by the number of total prints you would get from the machine, and that will give you an approximate CPC. It really depends on what you are printing however. Full page 100% coverage verses something with just text on it. The C450 counter keeps track of actual toner usage.

Some contracts have scaled billing based on the age of the machine, so that the longer you have it on contract, the more you will eventually be paying as time goes on, to cover for wear and tear that the machine will see. Actual costs vary from customer to customer and depends on how shrewd they are when buying a new machine contract.

The newer series for example, a C360, CPC may be well below a penny for black and white and perhaps a couple cents for colour. But again, this is dependent upon the deal worked out at the point of sale. This is not a standard in the industry and really depends on the local market and of course, brand. Some areas are maybe cheaper, while others are likely much higher.

Thanks a lot my friend.Better than this i cant get! HEHE

jokacross
02-04-2011, 10:32 AM
How about primary charge arcing. Are you getting light copies to go with that sizzle? =^..^=
Humm i think that is happening to. I must push the color to get a good a darkness B/H copy. What can i do? Thanks!

jokacross
02-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Humm i think that is happening to. I must push the color to get a good a darkness B/H copy. What can i do? Thanks!

But that just happen when coping, not printing.

Custom Search