PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C351 / C450 copies are purple!

Custom Search

blazebusiness
02-03-2011, 10:50 PM
8233 Here's an interesting problem. C351 prints fine (see demo page) but when you make a copy from the feeder or the glass the image is purple. Any ideas? Responses much appreciated

CCD?

Image processor board?

What do you think..........................

blazebusiness
02-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Go figure....went out today with a ccd and image processor board but did not install them because the problem had miraculously repaired itself and gone away.

BIG PAPA
02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
It probably wasnt a miracle. The machine did stabiliztion when coming out of low power. When is the last time you ran gradation?

blazebusiness
02-05-2011, 01:16 AM
It's been about 2 months. But the gradiation adjustment is something that more affects the printer unit not so much the IR (scanner). The problem certainly was in the scanner section since all print jobs come out fine. I suspect the problem will return & I'll end up replacing the ccd or the image processor pcb. Thanks very much for taking the time to respond.... Blaze

nmfaxman
02-05-2011, 01:24 AM
But the gradiation adjustment is something that more affects the printer unit not so much the IR (scanner)???????????????????????????
The gradation adjustment uses the scanner to balance the scanner to engine. Othewise the engine uses it's own internal adjustments like TD and ID sensors and color registration.

blazebusiness
02-05-2011, 01:44 AM
I hear what your saying but have you seen a problem like in the examples I posted where the print engine is fine and copies are the problem.......that you fixed with a gradiation adjustment?

Or better yet...have you ever seen a copy come out like illustrated in my example when the unit prints fine as a printer. I appreciate your feedback.

ddude
02-05-2011, 06:41 AM
I agree with nmfaxman- the gradation adjustment is used to calibrate the scanner to read the proper colors-if prints are fine, but copies off the glass is whack, calibration of the scanner would be a logical first step.

blazebusiness
02-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Appreciate all the responses and will try to adjust first if problem returns. Shooting you guys some rep power to show I appreciate the responses.

Stirton.M
02-06-2011, 03:39 PM
The "fixing itself" also may have been due to someone cycling the power, assuming you did not try that approach yourself. Sometimes these machines get into what I like to call "stupid mode" and do strange shit like this, a power reset usually corrects the problem.

Custom Search