PDA

View Full Version : BH200 runs out of memory when printing.

Custom Search

MinoltaManager
02-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I have a customer with a Bizhub 200 who claims to run out of memory when printing larger jobs. The machine has the fax kit which has the extra 32MB card. There are memory upgrades available but my techs and IT people tell me they think that additional memory is just for scanning large amounts through the ADF. My IT manager has seen it but blames it on the NEC controller and tells the customers to split the large files into smaller chunks. He said the only other way to resolve this issue is to sell the customer a machine with the Emperon controller.

As Service Manager for a Konica Minolta dealer, you would think I could get a straight answer. My DSM is not sure and we never ran into this complaint before.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Mr Spock
02-05-2011, 07:50 PM
First check and see what they are printing when it happens (I am betting microsoft office). If it is an office app then in the print driver deselect the collate button and see if this makes any difference. I have seen where this causes office to send X copies instead of 1 copy and a reprint call for the rest.

Custom Search