PDA

View Full Version : C220 Transfer Belt Trouble

Custom Search

CKiiza
02-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Good day to you.
Got a number of C220s out there that have developed A STRANGE Illness. The transfer belt gets a very rough surface as seen in the attachments, that it's captured in the printouts. Thee problem occurs in some new machines with in the 1st 20,000 copies or those machines in which the transfer belt gets replaced.
Any one seen this and solved it before? Thanks for the help

huntergazz
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi,

I have not seen this problem with the belts. The common one I have seen (10-15) is where the sep claw punctures through the belt, gives a mark on the print that looks similar to a staple. If your a dealer you can claim under warranty.

Stirton.M
02-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Just a guess, but maybe an environment issue. Ozone?

CompyTech
02-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah that's a new one for me too. Could be dust or maybe the paper type maybe. I have only seen the claw problem. One time we unboxed a machine and had a bad belt(bent contacts) out from the go. Does it throw up any P. codes?

CKiiza
02-22-2011, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the responses, The separation claw puncture has been common but this is strange. The machine won't give any warnings and it won't show very vividly at first except for solid artwork. Been thinking too that this is due to environment issue. Trouble is that I have been tasked with finding a solution. So wondering where to start. Any Ideas?

copytechcns
02-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Probably a pointless question but will you get the same problem again if you replace the belt ie. is something in the machines killing the belts, or is the belt itself simply faulty and failing (maybe a bad batch of belts?)

Do you have a belt that successfully did its entire life? You know thats a good one, wack a new fuse in it and put it in one of the problem machines and see if it develops the same problem?

If its the machine thats killing the belts (seems unlikely if you have multiples, unless someone is fitting them incorrectly or something) you'd probably have to look for something rubbing on the belt first.

dejanmonte
10-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi,
I have also a belt problem on my Konica Minolta Bizhub C220.
The transfer belt have a hole that is captured in the printouts. I intend to buy new belt transfer unit, but I'm not sure how to replace it. Maybe mechanical part is not so difficult to be repalced, but is there any special setting or reset to be done after unit been repalced ? I'll appreciate so much if somebody can help me !

wseyller
10-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Hi,
I have also a belt problem on my Konica Minolta Bizhub C220.
The transfer belt have a hole that is captured in the printouts. I intend to buy new belt transfer unit, but I'm not sure how to replace it. Maybe mechanical part is not so difficult to be repalced, but is there any special setting or reset to be done after unit been repalced ? I'll appreciate so much if somebody can help me !

Should get a service manual. Transfer belts are too expensive to just wing it. Follow the instructions for replacement, reset procedure and gradation adjustment.

Transfer belt also comes with a new transfer roller and ozone filter.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
10-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Yeah that's a new one for me too. Could be dust or maybe the paper type maybe. I have only seen the claw problem. One time we unboxed a machine and had a bad belt(bent contacts) out from the go. Does it throw up any P. codes?

I'd have to agree with Compy. Maybe they're using some sort of coated media type that's transferring to the primary belt?

I had a customer call the punctures "mustaches". They do sorta look like mustaches. =^..^=

Custom Search