PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 352

Custom Search

shep
02-08-2011, 10:17 PM
sorry i have never had to network a bizhub before, we sold a kyocera to a customer and they had us move there bizhub to a new location, i want to get information on how to set ip and what drivers to use for printing. thanks for any help you all can give.

KM_Service
02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
to configure IP settings enter admin mode via utility/counter key.(Password = 12345678 )
Under network settings tab all settings are as standard.
For drivers visit Download Center - Support | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.konicaminolta.eu/business-solutions/support/download-center.html)

shep
02-08-2011, 11:50 PM
thanks thats what i needed

shep
02-09-2011, 12:00 AM
ok i downloaded the driver but there is no run.exe or like in the driver to set it up? i dont know why im having problems with this

shep
02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
8379 this is what i get when i download the driver. there is no way to set it up?? any help would be much appreciated

emujo
02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
You will have to add the TCP/IP port and point the driver to the "INF" file within the file you downloaded. Usually it is set up something like DRIVER\DRIVERS\PCL\EN\X86. Drill down until you find the type (PCL or PS) and OS you are running on the workstation. BTW, there is no "BIZHUB352" so you may need to see if you need a 350, or 452 driver. If it is a C452, this is a color box and the C652 series driver will work. If it's a 350 than it's an older B&W. Emujo

shep
02-11-2011, 11:39 PM
that worked to did get the right driver. thank you very much. i found the universal driver.. i am still having trouble with this one account though. the machine will not pick an ip with dhcp when manually putting in an ip it will not link up to the network, if you ping the ip it says unable to connect, not timed out. one light on the cat5 port comes on green the other flashes yellow or stays off, the switch stays on seady. i used two different cables. it is running about 75 feet, not sure if that has anything to do with it though.... any thoughts guys? thanks so much for the help so far...

Stirton.M
02-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I do not recommend the universal driver. It sometimes works, sometimes does not.

Best to go with the specific driver to the model you want.

Do not use DHCP for setting the IP of the machine. Use a fixed IP outside the range of your DHCP host. For example, my Cisco router uses 192.168.0.100 and up as the addresses used for DHCP. If I hook a printer or another device that I want to set as a fixed IP, I use the space below, for example, 192.168.0.99. This ensures there will be no conflict with another device on the network. You could use 192.168.0.254 and below too, provided there are no conflicts at that side. It really depends on the DHCP host settings. Also, ensure the subnet mask and gateway addresses match your router.

There could be a poor connection for the cable ends preventing you from a good signal. Best bet is to check the cable for crossed wires, which is possible. If you have a cable check device, that will help significantly as it will show you if you have a crossover/mixed wire issue, opens and so forth. The port on the switch could also be defective...try another port to see.

And of course, it would be beneficial to simply connect a laptop up directly at the machine using a crossover cable (or a standard if your laptop has the ability to auto-negotiate...some Dells, my Acer, have this ability). Set fixed IP, gateway and subnet mask for both devices. Be sure the IP itself is different between the two. You should be able to ping the printer, and for that matter, use the address in your browser to see the web tools. If that is fine, reconnect the printer to the network. It should be fine if you could access it directly on the laptop.

Other things to check for....firewall devices or software firewall may be blocking access. Also, some routers are configurable to allow or block MAC addresses. You may have to configure yours to allow the MAC address of the copier.

Stirton.M
02-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I am assuming you are dealing with the C352. I cannot find a driver for a BH 352.

I use this source for all my drivers. The other source was for European drivers, which you likely do not want, given that you are in Vancouver.

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=3598&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

Most have an executable wizard installer to get you through the installation at any workstation. No need to mess around.

Note that this machine has several phases, stupid slang meaning, firmware version. All KM drivers have the ability to communicate both ways with the printer, in order to draw over the configuration of the machine automatically in the driver, ensuring you can use all the options. If automatic configuration does not work, the driver version likely does not match the firmware version of the machine and you will have to use a different version driver.

Tech rep will indicate the firmware version of the machine.

leks29
02-12-2011, 09:25 PM
i have this used bizhub c351 and for some reason i can't change the ip settings, i can modify any other settings but this i cant, i don't even get the option to enable or disable dhcp, is there any way to reset all settings to factory defaults in order to change it? i have pictures of this if they are of any help...

Stirton.M
02-12-2011, 09:44 PM
In tech rep mode, system 1, initialization. This will clear all settings and disable the hard disk and fax option if installed. You will need to restart the machine, enter into tech rep mode again, enable the hard disk in system 2, HDD and enable fax (if installed) in Option Board Status and restart the machine again. If the fax card is not installed, you will get an error message. Same goes for the hard disk, though it is very unlikely the machine will be without one.

Stirton.M
02-12-2011, 09:45 PM
i have this used bizhub c351 and for some reason i can't change the ip settings, i can modify any other settings but this i cant, i don't even get the option to enable or disable dhcp, is there any way to reset all settings to factory defaults in order to change it? i have pictures of this if they are of any help...

And in the future, do not hijack a thread like you had here. Start a new one with your problem.

leks29
02-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I didn't mean to hijack anything is just that i read the problem and thought it was related, sorry for any inconvenience... i've donde the initialization but now i'm just getting a screen with the Konica Minolta Logo... did i do anything that i wasn't supposed?

leks29
02-12-2011, 10:31 PM
it's been weel over 25 minutes an all i get is this screen with the logo, what do i do next please help me out, do i need to start a new thread for this??

Custom Search