PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C552 Account track blocks prints with "Print Without Authentication" enabled

Custom Search

mrwho
02-14-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm pulling my hair out with this one. Here are the details:

- C552 with account track enabled and accounts created
- "Print without authentication" is enabled so users don't need to insert user code in driver
- Prints go through a print server running Server 2008
- On the server's print driver I turn off "Account Track" and "Auto obtain" on the "Configure" tab

What happens:

- No matter what are the permissions I give the driver, the driver automatically turns on "Account Track" and "Auto Obtain" without any intervention
- People can't print even though "Print Without Authentication" is enabled

What the hell is wrong? I'm all out of ideas... Any help welcome.

Cheers!

joneze
02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Im not sure if this will help much, but i had a problem with a C280 driver that would revert setting back to default no matter what i put in there. I think Auto obtain was one of them that reverted back after being turned off. Anyway like you i was pulling my hair out so in the end i contacted KM and it turned out the driver itself had a problem so they send off the info to germany who then release new driver. Maybe check with infohub for the latest driver fixes.

mrwho
02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Im not sure if this will help much, but i had a problem with a C280 driver that would revert setting back to default no matter what i put in there. I think Auto obtain was one of them that reverted back after being turned off. Anyway like you i was pulling my hair out so in the end i contacted KM and it turned out the driver itself had a problem so they send off the info to germany who then release new driver. Maybe check with infohub for the latest driver fixes.

Well, this is the latest driver - maybe I'll advise the customer to try a previous version. Thanks for the tip!

tech51
02-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Try putting localhost as the auto obtain address after setting up the driver. This should stop it acquiring data from the copiers IP address...

Stirton.M
02-15-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm not a fan of using server side drivers when account track has been enabled, too often have I encountered issues with server side and bi-directional settings. Might be worth while to setup the drivers locally.

Custom Search