PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C552 J99-01 out of tray3 only

Custom Search

CompyTech
02-16-2011, 04:03 PM
as the title says jamming only using Tray3 with J99-01 - points to incorrect paper size/type. They are only using 8&1/2 x 11 plain paper. problem is that the paper just stops at the transfer section. I can make a single copy out of that tray ok but try more than one and the machine will jam. I disabled the tray for now. Changed feed tires in 3 and 4. Going today(hopefully) to swap feed assys(clutches) which i should of did then. I was thinking possibly bad horizontal conveyance clutch too but looks like a pain to change as yo have to remove the LCC. Could this be a board problem? I updated firmware to B8, also i could not find the new movie file(ends in 004) to load. Seems odd for one tray to do this but not point to any sensors or clutches. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Mr1ncred1ble
02-17-2011, 11:20 AM
as the title says jamming only using Tray3 with J99-01 - points to incorrect paper size/type. They are only using 8&1/2 x 11 plain paper. problem is that the paper just stops at the transfer section. I can make a single copy out of that tray ok but try more than one and the machine will jam. I disabled the tray for now. Changed feed tires in 3 and 4. Going today(hopefully) to swap feed assys(clutches) which i should of did then. I was thinking possibly bad horizontal conveyance clutch too but looks like a pain to change as yo have to remove the LCC. Could this be a board problem? I updated firmware to B8, also i could not find the new movie file(ends in 004) to load. Seems odd for one tray to do this but not point to any sensors or clutches. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

there are updated parts for the base frame and actuator,for tray 3 feed assembly, to correct for timing issues. Also check seperator assembly for deformation.Sorry dont know the part numbers for the new parts.

CompyTech
02-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Thank you for replying. I found the bulletin # 7340. I just ordered the whole feed assy. I am not going to take a chance on just the actuator and or the frame alone, but knock the whole thing out (new clutches rollers and all). I remember seeing this bulletin last year but like anything else you don't need the stuff till like 18mos later. :rolleyes: When the part comes in will go install, then post an update.

Thanks

CompyTech
03-07-2011, 11:49 PM
I replaced the feed assy - did not resolve. I reseated connectors on the PFTDB & PRCB - didn't resolve. Replaced the PFTDB - Didn't resolve. Replaced the PRCB today and the board was defective, got msg. on screen that the IUs were installed incorrectly. I double checked those, reseated the connectors on the board. There was no change with the msg. on screen. So I took off the new board and put the old one back on and the error went away.. Now however I am back to square one. Called SSD today, they are telling me to try a Data Clear. We have already invested the money into the boards so I am a little upset I didn't try this first. I am convinced that this is a logic problem and not a timing issue as this only happens from one tray. We shall see.. If anyone has seen or have some suggestions I'm open to ideas.

Thanks

bizhub1
03-08-2011, 02:38 AM
I replaced a prcb a couple weeks ago in the same model and also had a bad board right out of the box, it also gave message to install IU's. Had a blown ic on the new board. Whoever is doing the quality control needs to find a new line of work!

Zeldaman
03-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi there!
We´ve had a similar problem with jams in this section. After changing several parts (roller,springs, sensors.....) i´ve taken a look at the door under the bypass: the hooks of this door often have very small cracks so that the door has a little movement (normaly there´s nothing to see!) and the jam occurs. Installing new hooks and the machine´s running.
Greetings

Mr1ncred1ble
03-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Found this, might help.

CompyTech
03-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks,

The PRCB did not solve the problem. We are thinking maybe there is a problem with the MFP board. We haven't tried much else with the machine. Did have a P21 and p7 codes, along with gritty copies. Changing M,Y IUs and the K dev. unit along with a gradation adjustment solve that issue. At this point the customer does not even notice that Tray is missing (disabled in trouble isolation) so we are not too concerned with it at this point. :)

Custom Search