PDA

View Full Version : C250 stamps a copy as "copy"

Custom Search

Solotime
02-16-2011, 05:56 PM
OK so I have a customer who after having this machine for over a year suddenly wants their copies to have "copy" stamped or printed on them when copied. They say their old copier did it (Ricoh 2027) as well as their other offices have copiers that do it. I have never even heard of such a thing. So my question is will the C250 do this and if so how is it "turned on".
Thanks

racosta
02-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Hello Solotime. To answer your question it will do a watermark on it but it will only do it on print jobs. You have to look in the print driver under edit watermark. Unfortunally it wont do it in copy mode. A suggestion would be for the customer to print out half a ream to a ream of pages with the "Copy" watermark on them and have them put that in a deticated tray so when they make a copy they will have the watermark on it. I hope this helps.

Rich

Hemlock
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Just looked at the User Manual for the BizHub6500; Image Overlay is used to put a stamp on every copy (and it does say, specifically, copies). Next, you would likely set Image Overlay to be on as a default setting at power up (not unlike how you can default the machine to double sided, stapled, etc.).

I'd imagine that a UI feature like that would be universal across KM boxes.

racosta
02-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Hey Hemlock... Unfortunally the C6500 is a completely different beast than the C250.

BIG PAPA
02-16-2011, 08:57 PM
For copying go under your applications and select stamp.

Solotime
02-16-2011, 09:47 PM
I have a C250 in the warehouse so I went and checked. Sure enough, under applications there is a copy protect tab which puts a light background over the copy with the word "copy" running up and down the page. So I ran out to the customers office to show them my new found knowledge... Guess what, that function is not on their machine. It only has the time/date stamp, and 2 others I can't remember but no copy stamp. So at this point I am assuming it must in a firmware update? They really did not like the sample I brought them anyway....the grey background it puts over the copy they did not care for much. They really just want the word "copy" printed like in the upper right hand corner.

BIG PAPA
02-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I wouldnt use the copy protect. I would use the stamp function. It doesnt put the background. it just puts the copy stamp.

Solotime
02-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah there is no copy stamp option. Just the date/time and 2 others. Same with our machine in the warehouse. No just copy stamp option.

BIG PAPA
02-17-2011, 01:05 PM
I would look into firmware. Just looked at out C250 and it is there. I believe HDD must be enabled, so if it was disabled for some reason? But it is there.

Hemlock
02-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey Hemlock... Unfortunally the C6500 is a completely different beast than the C250.

I'm aware of that. Manufacturers also tend to make user interfaces (and common features) standard across the brand for ease of use.

huntergazz
02-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi,

Im not 100% about the C250, but the newer machines require an extra add on to the machine (SC-507).

oldschool
02-18-2011, 04:25 PM
If copier doesn't have any option for this.. What about a clear piece of Mylar with the word COPY stamped on it attached underneath the glass.

tech51
02-19-2011, 05:02 PM
If copier doesn't have any option for this.. What about a clear piece of Mylar with the word COPY stamped on it attached underneath the glass.

Yep had to do this at an American Airforce base (RAF Lakenheath) back in the analogue days only we used enamel paint. If I remember rightly it was a Konica 760 and we had to import a US drive unit for it so it could cope with reducing and enlarging Imperial paper sizes! Happy days eh, no printing, no faxing, no scanning, NO WORRIES!!!!!!

Stirton.M
02-19-2011, 10:06 PM
I would look into firmware. Just looked at out C250 and it is there. I believe HDD must be enabled, so if it was disabled for some reason? But it is there.

I agree, firmware update.

Custom Search