PDA

View Full Version : Di251f Scanner Problem

Custom Search

Jim Fitze
02-17-2011, 11:41 PM
I posted a question about this before, and now have some new information about my problem.
Our machine stopped scanning to email, and had intermittent network printing failures.

We had a tech out to look at it, and he tried all the recommendations I’ve seen here in the forums.
Resetting the NIC switches to return to factory defaults, connecting directly from his notebook, etc.
Printing seemed to improve, but not scanning.

After more research, I tried removing a switch between the copier and our main network switch.
Then I played with the network speed/duplex settings. Nothing helped, so everything is back the
way it was. Since then, printing has been solid. But scanning never returned. The web interface displays
“SMTP Request Error”.

I’ve gone over all the settings in the console interface, and it looks like everything is set the same,
as when it was working ok.

Just to check, I configured scan-to-ftp, to one of our servers, and it works just fine.

So my question is, could there really be something wrong with the hardware, that only effects
scan-to-email, or should I go back and search for an incorrect setting somewhere?
Any ideas?

Thanks

boanda
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
maybe new firmware on NEW cf card will solve your problem!

I couldn't scan to smb multi PDF,TIFF... on 421, ,the rest worked fine, until i replaced the CFcard
since then, all tip of scan works fine

Custom Search