PDA

View Full Version : Voyager/VoyagerE transfer unit trouble.

Custom Search

jmaister
02-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Good day folks,

I've ran into few cases where the machine jams on double sided (copy/print) and had no idea where to start. I noted something worth asking.

symptom: (orientation is portrait)

1. print out is wrinkled severely, machine jams(looks like it clipped on something)

2. paper jam, open panel and see paper folded between fuser roller.

Observation.

1. On the second pass, corner of the lead edge went behind the fuser spur or actually went into the thin gap between fuser unit and t unit.

2. On the second pass, the entire lead edge went into the gap betwn fuser unit and t unit, and the sticky roller grabbed the bulge and pull it up. (this i actually saw)

I did notice the T unit had no spurs(plastic spike wheels on metal clip, no part #) on the outside and changed them with ones that do, and problems went away. It made sense for the spurs to be there but I couldnt explain why there are ones without.

Did anyone encouter this before? Did replacing else where fix the problem? Good effort but no, or good job young man?

I couldnt find any thing on KMA connect to officially back up my theory, is there anything?

blackcat4866
02-18-2011, 03:23 AM
How many copies on the machine, or on the transfer unit?

The original transfer unit most likely had the star wheels you describe. When you replace the transfer unit the star wheels & mounts are wrapped in cardboard, not attached to the unit, and an inattentive tech could throw them away with the packaging. Also if they were not clipped on in the right places they will rotate and fall off shortly. There are areas of the plastic that are shaped to accept the metal mounts (I'm sure you noticed).

That's exactly why those star wheels are there. Congratulations on finding the cause. It would be easy to overlook the absence of star wheels. =^..^=

jmaister
02-18-2011, 03:29 AM
These particular transfer units dont have the anchors for the star wheels to clip on.

blackcat4866
02-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Maybe the earlier Voyager series (as opposed to the VoyagerE). Maybe earlier production/old style part? I started working on the VoyagerE series in 2007, and the earliest machines all had star wheels.

Now to be fair to your co-worker, it is relatively common for the foam roller bearings to fail on the Voyager and VoyagerE fusers, but it would not cause the jamming you've indicated. See the following post:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/kyocera-mita-copystar/44039-km-c2525-utax-1625-creasing-a4-lef.html
=^..^=

jmaister
02-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Solved

jmaister
02-18-2011, 05:04 AM
SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a set of service bulletin back in 2006(PM for actual number), it was then the fuser and the Transfer unit was added the star wheels.

If you have the same problem, check your TRANSFER UNIT!!!

Custom Search