PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 loud noise

Custom Search

bunnthebody
02-19-2011, 02:29 AM
One of our customers has a bizhub 350 that makes a loud noise feeding out of tray 2. It takes about 500 copies to get the noise and it may not do it more than once. It doesn't jam, so I do not think it is a clutch. It may be the tray drive. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

BR549
02-19-2011, 03:04 AM
I had that problem except the noise was always there when feeding paper and constant jamming. The motor shaft gear was badly worn. New motor fixed it.

Downunder
02-19-2011, 07:55 AM
BR might be correct. One of the important bits of information everyone should give is the meter count. All machines have little quirks when they reach different milestones.

Might try looking at the registration clutch, this sometimes gives a rattling sound. Try spraying it with with IPA (iso propyl Alcohol --spelling) this gives a quick indication if it is the culprit On tray two there is a gear with that meshes into anther gear that has a needle bearing inside along with a metal sleeve. The plastic gear slide into this and sometimes rust forms. If it is a scuffing sound then that might be the separation roller. Another part to look at might be the toner bottle drive mechanism the previous model 2510, etc had a few issues with this. Hope some of this helps.

bunnthebody
02-21-2011, 01:56 PM
This machine has 140K on the meter. It may only make the noise once in 1000 copies.

mo0651
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
go with down under. tray 2 feed assembly. remove it from the machine. The gear looks like an idler gear. With close look at it you will probably see rust on the problem gear.

Custom Search