PDA

View Full Version : purply blues

Custom Search

FFFF
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I have 2 km6500 which have been recently serviced and calibrated but have a problem printing blues which appear very purply, the file works ok on a ricoh machine. i appreciate that colour matchinr can be a minefield but any suggestons would be very welcome.

RRodgers
02-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I have 2 km6500 which have been recently serviced and calibrated but have a problem printing blues which appear very purply, the file works ok on a ricoh machine. i appreciate that colour matchinr can be a minefield but any suggestons would be very welcome.

In the driver try expert color rather than standard color.

FFFF
02-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for idea but did not solve issue, however fixed by sending job as publishing quality pdf instead of standard quality pdf, and worked a treat, cannot remember this situation before so may be to do with way doc was created,

Stirton.M
02-27-2011, 07:54 AM
A way to find out if the problem is file related or machine related is to know the CMYK value of the colour you are trying to produce. Usually it is described in % values in most graphics programs. Might be hard to determine on a PDF, though some graphics programs have eye droppers to sample a spot.

Regardless, in tech rep, output test, use pattern 53. In each colour field, apply the applicable colour value needed. A bit of calculating is needed to know what value is required. 255 x % = value. So if you have 63% cyan, then multiply 0.63 x 255 = 160.65 or 161 would be the entry for that colour. Then output a test copy when you have all the fields filled with their value.

If the colour is off, recheck your math and the entered values (just in case) and reprint if needed. If the colour is still off from what you want, then the machine requires some adjusting. If not, calibrate the fiery (or creo).

Also, depending on the fiery (or creo), you may have two driver choices, PCL and PS. The IC 408 and Creo provides both, the IC 303-305 is PS only. Some PDFs, depending on how they were generated, will react differently with each driver.

And finally, with some PDFs, there is a function within the print dialog called "print as image". It is found within the first print dialog, "advanced" button. Some versions of Acrobat pro, the print as image feature is on the first dialog. The function forces the computer to process the PDF locally instead of passing the raw information to the controller to process. It also rasterizes each page as a single image instead of separated elements of graphics and text fields. Useful for poorly thought out PDFs with content embedded that is larger (data size) than what appears. Some people seem to think that embedding an image caught on a 12 megapixel camera straight into a page where it fits into a 3 inch space is fine. This fixes that kind of thing when printing.

FFFF
02-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks, "print as image " has also dug me out of a hole on some pdfs when some text areas were printing as blocks of colour, there will never be a 'one size fits all' button for all senarios so fixes like this are worth knowing !

Custom Search