PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7022 as printer

Custom Search

JackieB
07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
We have two Konica's in the office. One is a 7022 and the other is a 7025. We have used them for several years as copiers and haven't had any problems.

My printer is getting old and I wanted to use the 7022 as a printer for my computer. I have it connected and downloaded the drivers (hopefully the correct ones LOL ) but cannot print anything.

There are three buttons, one for "copy" one for "fax" and one for "scan/print". The light is on the "copy" one but I can't get that to change. That is the same on both copiers. I guess my question is (finally, right? LOL) are these designed "as is" to be used for printers or do we need to purchase something else???

I can't find anything in the User's Manual regarding using it as a printer.

Thanks for any help!!!

Jackie

CMB
07-02-2007, 05:38 PM
you will need an IP unit installed in both machines and the software downloaded on you server along with the correct IP addresses and port numbers in order to print with them. call you local konica/minolta people.

JackieB
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Even if the one printer is direct to only one PC?? No networking.

ebm
07-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I think you may have connected to the IEEE parallel port on the machine that is used for machine firmware updates by service personnel. This connection does not allow printing to the machine. There is a separate accessory than needs to be installed to allow printing/scanning to the 7022. If the screen doesn't change when you press the "scan/print" button then the Print Controller is not installed.

mmbitar
08-31-2007, 05:58 AM
you should use ip011 or ip 422 to enable you to print wit konica 7022,7025

RockETop
09-01-2007, 02:13 AM
I think you may have connected to the IEEE parallel port on the machine that is used for machine firmware updates by service personnel. This connection does not allow printing to the machine. There is a separate accessory than needs to be installed to allow printing/scanning to the 7022. If the screen doesn't change when you press the "scan/print" button then the Print Controller is not installed.

ebm is right on the money!

Custom Search