PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c350 gives error

Custom Search

glenbo
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Hello, I have a bizhub c350 and whenever I print using outlook express or internet explorer, i get an error saying it has to close. This is with the latest pcl5 driver. I then installed the fiery controller and it says it printed fine but no prints come out. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MrCMYK
07-02-2007, 10:30 PM
in service mode is the controller type set correctly?

Can you ping it?

does it print ok from other apps?

Does it work OK from your laptop?

glenbo
07-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, I've done all these things with no errors. I have tried it with machines running Windows 2000 and they work fine. All other Apps work fine, it is just Windows Explorer and Outlook Express. This is on XP workstations by the way.

MrCMYK
07-03-2007, 01:20 AM
OK works on 2k, but not XP's outlook express or Internet explorer. This is the same on all XPs.

Is your laptop XP? you had the same problems w/ it.

Is this a direct connection or a share on a server? What port / port settings are you using? Is the XP firewall off?

Are you using a standard TCP/IP port with protocol set to LPR and "print" as the Queue name?

Are both the "LPR Byte counting enabled" and the "SMNP status enabled" buttons unchecked?

On the drivers, device settings tab, insure "output protocol" is set to "Binary" and on the advanced tab, printing defaults button, postscript tab, "postscript output format" set to optimized for portability ADSC.

Custom Search