PDA

View Full Version : Static and a Konica BizHub 7145

Custom Search

landspeeder
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
My customer walked over to her Bizhub 7145 and a huge static spark left her finger tips and went into the keyboard and the machine shut off. They have a large office and all heard the snap...cool!!

So when you turn the copier on it starts up , runs for a minute, starts to cycle, display goes dim and it shuts down. Does the same in service mode.

Any ideas and also I need part numbers for the control panel, logic board, power supply, memory, hard drive etc.

Is it worth fixing?

Thanks

minimerlin
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Insurance job!!

landspeeder
02-23-2011, 07:28 PM
can you sorta say what you feel in more detail so I can tell the client...
thanks much appreciated

mrwho
02-23-2011, 07:31 PM
The machine surely is not connected to a properly earthed outlet. The customer who gave the spark must've had a lot of static electricity (woolen clothing, carpeting and so on) and it must've damaged something on the machine, although I never heard of anything of that magnitude.

Check the electrical installation and then worry about the machine.

kingarthur
02-24-2011, 01:31 PM
I had this problem once with cash registers in a shop...they complained that everytime they went to touch the drawer base, they got an "electric shock", it never once happened to me..found out eventually that they had a new carpet & the staff couldn't be bothered to lift up their feet properly, they picked up so much static that the next metal object they touched, yes the cash register drawer, they discharged themselves through it .

BIG PAPA
02-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Had the same thing happen on a machine from that series. Just took out the display. So I would start there.

Custom Search