PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica C550 Jamming issue 32-01

Custom Search

BrentV
02-23-2011, 09:08 PM
We have a Konica C550 that has been having a jamming problem for quite a while but no one can seem to get it fixed. We finally elected to go to the next nearest dealer (the 1st dealer was a horrible experience with parts taking a couple weeks to get etc) but can't get it to jam for them (only when they are gone) and they looked it all over and can't find anything amiss.

It happens sometimes many times in a day and sometimes never but averages 1 per day. It can go 1000 sheets in between jamming (or more). Often times it is in the morning. It happens on single sided copying and can be one sheet or multiple sheets. Also we can remove the jam and away it goes then. The error code is usually 32-01.

They have replaced a piece that supposedly sometimes warps with the heat and another piece (an actuator) that goes right below the fuser.

I have attached a 3 pictures, 2 of when a single sheet jammed and 1 of one multiple sheets jammed. The lead paper always just reaches the exit rollers but usually does not go through them.

Our service place says it is not a motor because most the time it works. I would be interested to hear anyone's opinion on this strange problem why 2 service places can't seem to come up with a solution.

minimerlin
02-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I have had exactly the same problem! It is caused by incorrect adjustment of the switchback guide solenoid. What happens when you duplex?

BrentV
02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I have had exactly the same problem! It is caused by incorrect adjustment of the switchback guide solenoid. What happens when you duplex?

It does sometimes jam like this when we duplex but the majority of what we do is not duplexing. Does that make sense? So what do we have to adjust?

mo0651
02-23-2011, 10:40 PM
How old is fusing unit. Exit sensors are known flaky items near fusers. when machine is cool they work. when they get hot anything goes. it jams on single sided? that is what the pic shows.

BrentV
02-23-2011, 10:52 PM
It is a very new fusing unit. They actually replaced that too. I forgot to mention that. They did not replace the exit sensor. Yes it jams single sided. It looks like there is a PS39 exhaust sensor, I assume that is the one that could be the problem?

What adjustment can I make to the switchback guide solenoid? Would it make sense that it jams even when not duplexing?

mo0651
02-23-2011, 10:56 PM
that ps39 sets the timing for everything. it would jam on duplex only if it was switchback. go sensor. Shoot. I dont remember is that part of switchback unit on these models?

mo0651
02-23-2011, 10:57 PM
oh yeah, jam code points to sensor, then fuser drive. me thinks do sensor first.

BrentV
02-23-2011, 11:01 PM
oh yeah, jam code points to sensor, then fuser drive. me thinks do sensor first.

I guess I don't understand why they wouldn't have tried that....No reply necessary just thinking out loud.

Stirton.M
02-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Description
J3201 (J32-01)with paper stopped in the duplex unit (ADU).

Solution
CAUSE: Failed PS47 or dislocated actuator or torsion spring for PS47.

SOLUTION: Verify that PS47 (p/n 9335 1300 61) changes state in sensor check. It is listed as “Paper Passage 1” under “Duplex” on page 2/12 of the sensor
check. Also verify that the actuator for PS47 (p/n A00J 8118 00) and actuator torsion spring (p/n 4657 3735 01) are not dislocated.

Also, something I noted on the first image.

On the left side, I see something orange sitting there. Experience tells me that is a chunk of rubber from a fuser roller. If so, THAT should NOT be there and is likely the cause of your problem.

Custom Search