PDA

View Full Version : Drum/Dev Notification on C6500

Custom Search

seniortech
02-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Is there any way to disable the Drum/Dev notification shown on the screen of the C6500. I also need to prevent the customer having any access to the counters showing drum/dev percentages etc, is it possible to do this?

Many thanks

Christian_W
02-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Hello seniortech,

I think, there is no possibility to disable this message.

regards
Christian

seniortech
02-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks Christian, I find it strange that you cannot turn off this notification...

CT Copier Repair
02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Not to my knowledge
and why do you not want thew customer to be able to view the counters on their machine ?
Do they want them changed when they are due? If the machine is under inclusive contract that is what you sold them so either do it or reset the counts at every service call

seniortech
02-26-2011, 07:16 PM
We have several customers who are putting in a PM request when the counters are only at 80%, they ring in saying that the counters are at 100% and the Drum/Dev notification is showing, some engineers are driving a hundred or so miles only for the customer to say, we placed a call just in case, we have even charged them for our time but it's made no difference. Turning off the notification would have solved this problem, thats all. All my machines get all the parts changed when due. Now I know the Notification cannot be disabled I will look to other ways of dealing with the problem...

Stirton.M
02-27-2011, 08:54 AM
We just tell our customers not to worry about the PM count. That is OUR responsibility, not theirs. If they have a problem with copy quality, then call in for copy quality, and then we can make a judgment call based on that.

Custom Search