PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous hard drive

Custom Search

rigydidge
02-28-2011, 06:46 AM
I need to remove the HDD from a K.M. 7145 ( if it has one ). Where the hell is it ?

agudmove
02-28-2011, 01:34 PM
HDD is mounted inside the panel covering the Main Control Board, and connected to same.

pepper38_cnd
03-01-2011, 11:43 AM
If you believe that crap spewed by 20/20 or 60 Minutes ( I can't remember who said it ) about the HDD of a digital copier storing every document ever scanned or copied then for get about where is the HDD and check out this video (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-everything-else/3757-copier-destroyed-giant-shredder-awesome-video.html)!

Oh just to answer your question, if your display doesn't show HDD READY or HDD ERROR in the upper left side, then don't waist your time looking you don't have one.

aesthetics1
03-01-2011, 06:51 PM
If you believe that crap spewed by 20/20 or 60 Minutes ( I can't remember who said it ) about the HDD of a digital copier storing every document ever scanned or copied then for get about where is the HDD and check out this video (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-everything-else/3757-copier-destroyed-giant-shredder-awesome-video.html)!

Oh just to answer your question, if your display doesn't show HDD READY or HDD ERROR in the upper left side, then don't waist your time looking you don't have one.

A lot of the fierys actually do store copy and print jobs. If you don't believe me, open up the java interface of the fiery web tools and go into the job log. You can freely print out anything that has been sent to it recently, even if the machine has since been rebooted.

The more modern Konica-Minolta machines do not do this, however the ones with the Fiery backpacks do.

Obviously someone would have to be a copier tech or someone with enough knowledge to mount the Fiery filesystem in an existing linux PC to retrieve the files, but there is still the risk. I recommend trying this out for yourself if you haven't already.

ddude
03-02-2011, 05:02 AM
Yes, fiery controllers store print jobs, it's part of their function-unless you are using the 'direct' print. The CBS report was not looking at fiery units, just regular machines. Over hyped and played over and over, this has caused unwarranted concern, and is now generating state laws and bills.....

Stirton.M
03-02-2011, 12:32 PM
A lot of the fierys actually do store copy and print jobs. If you don't believe me, open up the java interface of the fiery web tools and go into the job log. You can freely print out anything that has been sent to it recently, even if the machine has since been rebooted.

The more modern Konica-Minolta machines do not do this, however the ones with the Fiery backpacks do.

Obviously someone would have to be a copier tech or someone with enough knowledge to mount the Fiery filesystem in an existing linux PC to retrieve the files, but there is still the risk. I recommend trying this out for yourself if you haven't already.

His comment was NOT about fiery controllers, it was about main body hard disks, which the OP was asking about. Now whether or not the OP is removing it for this purpose is unclear, he just wants to know where it is.

aesthetics1
03-03-2011, 05:41 PM
His comment was NOT about fiery controllers, it was about main body hard disks, which the OP was asking about. Now whether or not the OP is removing it for this purpose is unclear, he just wants to know where it is.

Yes, I made sure to specify a lot of the fierys in my post to clear up confusion. Sorry if it was unclear.

Custom Search