PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C252 Fax Setup

Custom Search

jsw2k
03-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I can't beliee there are no posts on this already, 'cause this has got to be rank up there as one of the most frustrating tasks...

I'm trying to set up faxing on a customer's C252. It's a new customer for me and, while the machine is not new, it is new to them.

Outbound faxes no problem, but Inbound is another story. I can see them in the Job History, but they did not print and I can't figure out how to get them to print. Frankly, I don't know where they are!

Here's the detail (from Job History) of one of my test faxes:
User Name 5617534911
Document Name FKMBT_C252110301144206
Type User Box
Result Job Complete
# of Originals 1
Time Stored 2011/ 3/ 1 14: 42
Time Finished 2011/ 3/ 1 14: 42

There is only one User Box set up and it is empty.

User Authentication is OFF
Account Tracjking is ON
PC-FAX RX is not available on the admin screens
There are no jobs in the Memory RX User Box.

Man...this is frstrating.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

acusso1234
03-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Now you have the installation guide for fax on Bizhub C252.

jsw2k
03-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Thanks! I finally did find the documents; they were sent to an inbox on the network, but I don't know how to stop it and get them to print upon reception.

acusso1234
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Try following the procedure. I believe that a new initialization will solve the issue and make you able to use fax in the normal way.

Stirton.M
03-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks! I finally did find the documents; they were sent to an inbox on the network, but I don't know how to stop it and get them to print upon reception.

Download the fax user manual from konica minolta. It will tell you how to USE the functions of the fax.

jsw2k
03-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I have ALL the user manuals...not very good for someone who doesn't know the specifics...lots of circular references.

acusso1234
03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Are you working on the display or into the web interface? On web you can log as administrator (use 12345678 as pw) and
make all change you need.

jsw2k
03-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I've done both. I *was* able to find the documents...they were on a scan folder on the LAN. I can't return 'til Friday, but I'm not sure what to try next, although their fax *will* be working, even if I have to share the folder over the network, which is obviously the way the previous owner had it.

Stirton.M
03-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Are you working on the display or into the web interface? On web you can log as administrator (use 12345678 as pw) and
make all change you need.

The fax user interface is not available in the web interface. It is ONLY available at the copier control panel administrator mode.

Stirton.M
03-03-2011, 12:57 AM
I have ALL the user manuals...not very good for someone who doesn't know the specifics...lots of circular references.

Have the user manual nearby when you enter admin mode on the copier and access the fax settings screen. From there, do a word search in your manual on each major heading that you see there if the entry is not directly obvious to you. Most entries are obvious, and some not so obvious.

jsw2k
03-03-2011, 03:10 PM
The main one that I thought was germane was FAX RX-PC but that (soft) button isn't available where the manual says it should be! I haven't found that button at all.

Somehow there is a way to change where faxes go...maybe in the address book?

acusso1234
03-03-2011, 04:55 PM
The main one that I thought was germane was FAX RX-PC but that (soft) button isn't available where the manual says it should be! I haven't found that button at all.

Somehow there is a way to change where faxes go...maybe in the address book?

Yes, it must be into the address book. You can also read and make all modifications in user mode (not as administrator) . In this way users can go on to use the box while you work at the web interface. Sorry, but non familiar with the setup of pc-fax. Anyone here??

Custom Search