PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Cannot print to the stacker on 1050EP

Custom Search

scotsman60
03-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and immediately asking questions..... Hopefully I'll be able to help someone at some point too...

I recently acquired a used 1050EP with a large capacity stacker (LS501) and feeder.

Installed the unit in my shop, downloaded the drivers and got up and running relatively quickly.

But I have a problem...... No matter what settings I choose in the printer driver, I cannot get the output to go to the main stacker tray. It always goes to the "Sub-Tray" on the Stacker unit (The one on top). I've had an independent KM company visit - still no Stacker output.

I've tried three different versions of the PostScript printer driver on Windows XP 32 and one PCL printer driver. They all recognise that the machine has a stacker and they all allow me to choose the stacker for output - but the output will not go anywhere but the top tray.

Any ideas on how to resolve will be very welcome!!!!!

Thanx in advance,

Doug

kan
03-02-2011, 03:17 AM
it can be as simple as stacker trolley or tray is not seated properly. since you have the P version you may not be able to see the message.

scotsman60
03-02-2011, 05:03 AM
Kan,

Thanx for the input.

I've checked the tray and the trolley several times - everything seems likes it's seated OK.

Not sure what you mean by not being able to see the message because I have the P?

Doug

kan
03-02-2011, 05:12 AM
sorry,
Does this machine comes with a document feeder? Can you make make copies off the glass to output into the LS? From your post I got the impression that you have a 1050 printer version.

scotsman60
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
OK - Got it.

This machine is a printer configuration - no scanning.

There are no error codes displayed on the control panel.

The printer drive recognizes that there's a stcker there - when it queries theprinter it finds both the stacker and the large capacity feeder.

When I open the door rop switch the power off to the stacker, the system recognizes these coditions and prompts for them to be corrected on the control planel.

It just won't print to the stacker......

Doug

scotsman60
03-03-2011, 06:02 AM
I worked on ths machine again tonight and I noticed that when I get ot the "Output Applications" page on the controller, the picture of the machine shows the stacker, but only the Top tray is "active". The main stacker tray is greyed out.

I'm guessing that unless i get this option to show up, I'll continue to have problems sending output to the stacker.....

ineo+6501
03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
In service mode you can isolate/disable certain parts of the machine which may be causing problems like error codes.
Say for example, the stacker was throwing up an error code. The stacker could be isolated in service mode which would prevent the machine from coding out. Thus allowing the rest of the machine to be used whilst waiting for parts or whatever to fix the stacker.

Maybe this is the case with your stacker?

scotsman60
03-03-2011, 04:25 PM
I've been all through the Service settings but I can't see where you disable hardware. There is an area for software switch settings.

Any idea on how service mode would disable the stacker and suppress error codes?

Custom Search