PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Compact .PDF

Custom Search

Taminol
03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi guys, just a brief question I hope you help me with.
We have a customer with a B&W 362, it can only scan to .PDF or TIFF. Neither of these give a small enough file size.
Question: Is there a way (poss third part software) to get the PDF's to become compact PDF's. Ideally with no human intervention. Poss eCopy Desktop?
Question: I have the machine set to 200DPI when scanning, but have the option of MR MH MMR for compression. Which one would make the smallest file.

Thanks

Tam

jokacross
03-02-2011, 05:57 PM
get the adobe acrobat pro and done it there! Go to tab document - reduce file size thats it.

Taminol
03-02-2011, 08:54 PM
get the adobe acrobat pro and done it there! Go to tab document - reduce file size thats it.

That would surely involve the client having to do something with each file though, wouldn't it?
They have thousands and thousands of docs to scan and manual intervention for that many isn't possible.
I'm really looking for something more automated. Say a 'watched folder' that the PDF lands in and then it get grabbed by some bit of software and shrunk - if that makes sense.
Thanks

Stirton.M
03-03-2011, 01:05 AM
MMR is the most compressed file size, though I think that directly affects scanned image but not the PDF.

Unfortunately, the only choice you have with this machine is to use a third party program to compress the PDF, Acrobat Pro being highly recommended as the other programs sometimes do not properly format to PDF standards set out by Adobe.

The alternative is to upgrade to a colour unit that IS capable of producing compact PDFs.

Taminol
03-03-2011, 05:39 PM
MMR is the most compressed file size, though I think that directly affects scanned image but not the PDF.

Thanks for the info on MMR, I'll have a play when I'm in the office tomorrow

Unfortunately, the only choice you have with this machine is to use a third party program to compress the PDF, Acrobat Pro being highly recommended as the other programs sometimes do not properly format to PDF standards set out by Adobe.

That sounds very manual http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.png Ok I guess if you only have a few, but many thousands.......

The alternative is to upgrade to a colour unit that IS capable of producing compact PDFs

If only that were possible, the machine was only purchased last year.
Unless there's some bit of automated software, I'm thinking we'll just let them use one of our old C250 for scanning purposes.

Thanks for your reply

Stirton.M
03-04-2011, 01:48 PM
No problem.

Looking in Google with the search terms pdf and compress, I found this....

PDF Compressor & PDF Compress Software - Compress PDF file and reduce PDF file size (http://www.qweas.com/reviews/pdf_compress_software.htm)

And apparently Macs have this built in, though I cannot verify that, not a mac fan.

Taminol
03-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Looking in Google with the search terms pdf and compress, I found this....

PDF Compressor & PDF Compress Software - Compress PDF file and reduce PDF file size (http://www.qweas.com/reviews/pdf_compress_software.htm)

A very interesting link. The spec said "Another benefit of this software utility is batch conversion; you can compress all PDF files in any folder in batch."
I'm going to download it and give it a go.
Thanks for the link

jannypan
03-05-2011, 05:52 AM

Custom Search