PDA

View Full Version : LS 501 Large Capacity Stacker - Missing springs????

Custom Search

scotsman60
03-04-2011, 05:06 AM
So I'm still trying to figure out why I can't get paper to go to the stacker on my BizHub 1050 EP.

I have the back off the stacker and I'm looking at the Stacker service manual and I notice that the service manual shows two large springs, attached by cables ot the stacker tray mechanism.

But I also notice that my stacker doesn't have any of these springs at all.

Does anyone know if these springs were present on all stackers or if they were deleted on some? Thee's absolutely no sign that the springs were ever there on this one.

Doug

ineo+6501
03-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Doug,

I have no idea about the springs because I have not had to work on one of these, but if they are in the manual for the same model of stacker then I would expect them to be there.
Maybe this has caused the error codes I mentioned in the other thread. I don't have a copy of the 1050 manual handy but the software switch is where the trouble isolation is performed.

I'll see if I can find out which switches deal with the stacker.

Andy

ineo+6501
03-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Doug

From the service manual.

LS trouble isolation 1 = DIP SW 33, Bit 6, Should be 0 (off) for normal operation, 1 (on) if isolated.

LS trouble isolation 2 = DIP SW 33,Bit 7, Should be 0 (off) for normal operation, 1 (on) if isolated.

Hope this helps.

scotsman60
03-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Andy,

Thanx for the Switch info. I'm gradually coming to terms with the service manual - many things are lots in translation......

By the way, if i have to do a firmware upgrade, is that something that's feasible for me to do myself or do I need to buy the firmware from KM. I'm not under a service contract at the moment - and thinking that I should be.....

All of the devices seem to be at firmware level 70:000 except the stacker which is at 30:000. So I'm thinking this might be an issue, even though I personally witnessed the machine printing to the stacker just last week, before we moved it. Does disassembling the stacker from the main body have an impact on the firmware? Sounds unlikely......

Doug

acusso1234
03-04-2011, 11:33 PM

scotsman60
03-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Thank-you. Now, where can I download the firmware from? I can't see it on the KM site for the 1050?

acusso1234
03-05-2011, 12:38 AM
No, you can't. And even a non production printing dealer can have it.
I believe that you need help from a trained tech.

acusso1234
03-05-2011, 12:50 AM
So I'm still trying to figure out why I can't get paper to go to the stacker on my BizHub 1050 EP.

I have the back off the stacker and I'm looking at the Stacker service manual and I notice that the service manual shows two large springs, attached by cables ot the stacker tray mechanism.

But I also notice that my stacker doesn't have any of these springs at all.

Does anyone know if these springs were present on all stackers or if they were deleted on some? Thee's absolutely no sign that the springs were ever there on this one.

Doug

If your answer is yes, again you need a tech.

scotsman60
03-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Yep - Those are the ones.

There's no sign of them on my stacker, and absolutely no sign they were ever there. You can see the cables wrap around the shaft which would surely leave som kind of mark and there's absolutrely no mark on mine.

scotsman60
03-05-2011, 04:35 AM
If there's no way to dowload the firmware without going through KM then I guess you;re right.

I put a call in to the local KM branch yesterday but they need proof of transfer of the title of my machine and then three days to process that before they can send a tech.

In the meantime, I have 100,000 pieces to print, fold and insert before Moday, which I was kind of relying on this machine to help out with.........

scotsman60
03-15-2011, 02:20 AM
OK,

Got this working. The springs are NOT part of this ssystem any more.

Problem was damaged lift cables and a broken winder drum and cover. This has actually thrown an SC and isoilated the Main Tray - which I didnlt see originally.

Replacing the cables, drum and cover and resetting the isolation fixed it.

Custom Search