PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-2863 - Konica Minolta BizHub 6501

Custom Search

poujman
03-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi Everyone
i hope someone can help me with this issue. at end of Friday, where i need the machine the most, our printer decided to fail on us with error code C2863. I am hoping someone can help us to ge the machine going with out PM before monday. All helps are highly appreciated.
Thank you in advanced for your help

acusso1234
03-04-2011, 11:49 PM
C-2863 Gamma correction/C aborted.
Patch output voltage is high.
(Error 3)

Printer control board (PRCB)
Developing unit/C
PGC sensor (PS11)

acusso1234
03-05-2011, 12:02 AM
The "strange thing" that you see in my Pdf, is located on the left of the transfer belt. If you can take out the entire section whith drums, transfer belt and developers you can see and clean it. Do not force nothing and only try to clean the sensors whith canned air if you have it.

poujman
03-05-2011, 12:48 AM
since i never done this before are you able to give me a better step by step instruction? because looking at the pdf it was bit confusing. i am able to open the front door, remove the screw see the drums and developer units but i am not able to discover the sensors. can you give me like picture of what i am suppose to clean up? thanks for your help

acusso1234
03-05-2011, 01:05 AM
As i said before you must take out the entire group. Than put your head into the machine and look at left whith the help of a flash light.
Probably you'll see lot of toner on this part. you can open it (gently) a little and use air to clean sensors.

CT Copier Repair
03-05-2011, 01:12 AM
call a technician
if you screw up the sensor or a drum you will cost yourself more money than it would have cost you to call a technician

It blows my mind that people think they can fix these themselves
i've been at it for 26 years and still see stuff i never saw before

acusso1234
03-05-2011, 01:24 AM
since i never done this before are you able to give me a better step by step instruction? because looking at the pdf it was bit confusing. i am able to open the front door, remove the screw see the drums and developer units but i am not able to discover the sensors. can you give me like picture of what i am suppose to clean up? thanks for your help
Sorry but I believe that I've posted already the best image of the entire manual. no picture avalaible of this "shutter dispositive". Then? have you take out the slit whith the drums?

acusso1234
03-05-2011, 01:27 AM
call a technician
if you screw up the sensor or a drum you will cost yourself more money than it would have cost you to call a technician

It blows my mind that people think they can fix these themselves
i've been at it for 26 years and still see stuff i never saw before
We have a C6500 in the office. The salesman was able to do this.

acusso1234
03-05-2011, 01:42 AM
The "strange thing" that you see in my Pdf, is located on the left of the transfer belt. If you can take out the entire section whith drums, transfer belt and developers you can see and clean it. Do not force nothing and only try to clean the sensors whith canned air if you have it.
Sorry for my bad english...I've write "on the left"...But it is AT the left of the tranfer belt (when the unit is still into the machine). when the unit is out the sensor stay always into the machine. Hope that this help you to find it.

acusso1234
03-05-2011, 02:37 PM
News???

poujman
03-06-2011, 06:43 PM
News???

yes thanks you so much! what i basically did. i pulled it all out and then i just blow dry it everything that looked like sensors on the side without touching the transfer belt and then closed it and turned it up and it was back up again. thank you so much for the help i really appreciate it.

acusso1234
03-07-2011, 12:37 AM
:) In Italy we say "prego s'immagini!".

poujman
03-07-2011, 03:36 PM
:) perfecto!

rnicholson
03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Didi you have to take the entire image correction unit out to clean the senso?

ni311
03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
The best bet is to call a tech. I cannot believe you people without any training are servicing a complex machine like C6500. Sooner or later you will have to call a tech and it might be a little expensive...

rnicholson
03-17-2011, 04:42 PM
yeah, i used some air and reset the gamma settings and it's been working no problem! I coordinated with my tech and he has a new assembly on order. We don't need a tech to clean a sensor! I work on a plethora of "complicated equipment" successfully and can determine many times when to call a tech. If I can get it running and not lose hours of production I am going too.

I simple clarification question before i attempt something is just prudent!

This was simple and should be on a troubleshooting guide!

MMPDT
10-25-2011, 12:43 PM
This has happened to us on occaision; I tried the sensor cleaning method last time and it basically worked i think- I just did not know where the heck to shoot the air. Turns out, our tech came by this last time and suggested : turn off main and sub-power, leave main copier door open and turn the power back on. As the machine comes back up, go to the "Machine" panel on the touch screen and do the gamma, belt, toner and color registration under "Execute adjust Operation". His premise was our machine was in line for a full PM/overhaul -drums, developer, etc (after we have been running the snot out of it) and it was tired, probably causing this error code. More often than not, we look to this board for emergency tips, at 10 PM, maybe our tech is coming in the AM - we have a service contract, and I cannot imagine going without one, despite the built in cost. There is no substitute for calling in a pro, but it is cool to get good info in those hours of desperation.

rnicholson
10-25-2011, 02:14 PM
We have a contract also, but as you know the s#@& hits the fan when the tech isn't available. I'm gonna try your method next time. Ultimately the tech did a Pm kit and it has solved the problem. The biggest problem I find is the tech has a budget, so they wait to change parts or do pm kits till the machine is down.

ricmartinho
08-11-2014, 12:23 PM
reset the gamma settings

Hi,

How did you reset the Gamma settings? I've searched through all the Service Manual and can't find this anywere.
I'm having the same problem and I've already cleaned the sensors but everytime I turn on the machine I get the error again.

Thanks

Custom Search