PDA

View Full Version : CLC 1000 and getting started as a Copytech

Custom Search

acarey
07-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello All,

I have just acquired a Canon CLC 1000 and would like to begin learning everything i can about it. I am a software developer and have many years of experience in network implementation and integration. However i would like to get into the copier / printer world and learn how to service and repair them. Any pointers and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Schools, tutorials, tips, lessons learned, etc.... Thanks in advance. I would also like to find a free service manual for this copier if at all possible. Thanks again.

JustManuals
07-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Education is expensive. Buy a service manual.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Maverick911
08-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi,
The best way to learn your machine is as follows:

As the previous poster stated, BUY a service manual.
Following the removal procedures in your manual remove all the subsystems from your machine.
clean each subsystem and perform any adjustments for that subsystem that you find in your manual.
Replace all periodic maintenance parts listed in your manual
Reassemble, adjust, test and then clean the outside.If you do this, you will not only have a working understanding of how to adjust and repair your copier, you should also have a clean and good running machine,

Regards,
Mav

eccelobo
11-11-2007, 05:42 AM
Hi! E-mail me at a7oro@hotmail.com

blackcat4866
11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Personally, I wouldn't start out with a Canon CLC1000. It's constructed differently than 90% of the copiers out there. Different than 90% of the color copiers. For a newbie, I would start out on a desktop, black & white, 12cpm or less. You can learn the basics, and if you screw it up the most you'll have lost is $1,200.00. If you mishandle the drum on the CLC1000 that alone can run $1,200.00. I'm not trying to scare you, just to help you put the risks into perspective...

Copier_Guy
11-12-2007, 04:19 AM
BlackCat is correct. The CLC series is a High Quality color copy/print production model that is not easy to work on. As the Cat said, start with a little machine or even a small laser printer to learn the basics of the electrostatic copy/print process. The parts are definately more expensive than your average copier.

Canuck
01-17-2008, 05:59 AM
Intricate machine..noted for making parallelograms and trapazoids..good luck

yourownfree
01-17-2008, 07:22 AM
clc eeeeeeeeouuuhhhh good luck dude

Custom Search