PDA

View Full Version : Repeating image pattern problem on BizHub Prop 1050 EP

Custom Search

scotsman60
03-08-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm running legal size pressure prices through ny 1050 EP, Duplex.

On the front side, I just started getting some repeating patterns - mostly, but not exclusively on bold text.

Edit : Just noticed that I actually have the same problem on both sies of the sheet. Not so obvious on the second side becuase there's no bolt text.....

The pattern doesnlt repeat across the whole width - just a section about 1" wide on the left and round about the same on the right of the page

The first repeat happens on text that is 2.75" from the top of the page and it repeats first about 1" below the original and then again 9.25" below the orginal. Space between repeats is 8.625"

The same thing happens on an original piece about 6.5" from the top of the sheet and it repeats about 1" below the original. No second repeat on this one.

I've been running ths job consistently for about three days now - variable data but very similar patterns from piece to piece.

Any ideas on cause and solution will be gratefully received.

Thanx in advance,

Doug

ineo+6501
03-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Doug,

Image repeat is usually caused by either:

Fuser unit: Check for worn rollers or cleaning web, maybe even as simple as an incorrect thickness setting for the paper.

Drum section: Usually drum cleaning blade or discharge lamp.

You could post a scan of the problem which would make it easier for us to help you.

If you are an end user I would recommend getting an experienced tech to look at this bit of kit. Make sure that you get a production tech who knows the 1050.

Regards

Mr Spock
03-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Doug,

Image repeat is usually caused by either:

Fuser unit: Check for worn rollers or cleaning web, maybe even as simple as an incorrect thickness setting for the paper.

Drum section: Usually drum cleaning blade or discharge lamp.

You could post a scan of the problem which would make it easier for us to help you.

If you are an end user I would recommend getting an experienced tech to look at this bit of kit. Make sure that you get a production tech who knows the 1050.

Regards

Also make sure the paper is set correctly. I have a print shop that is lazy and runs thick 2 as plain so it will duplex without having it run one side then the other. On long runs he gets the same issue.

scotsman60
03-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Thanx for the input.

I checked the fuser rollers and found that the upper had a tear in it, in line with the smudge. The lower was "wrinkled". Shoudl really have looked at these first....

Replaced both rollers and the problem went away.

Mr Spock - not sure what you mean by "runs thick 2 as plain so it will duplex without having it run one side then the other" ???

Doug

ineo+6501
03-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Doug

The machine can be set to various thickness settings to allow thicker paper/card to fuse correctly. It basically slows the machine down so that the toner has longer contact with the fuser so it can fully bake to the page. The machine is capable of feeding upto 300gsm but will only allow duplex of upto 244gsm. So if you set the thickness to upto 244gsm, but feed 300gsm, the machine will duplex it but it will not fuse fully.

Hope this makes sense.

scotsman60
03-19-2011, 07:02 PM
ineo,

Thanx for the explanation.

I'm running paper that is 105 gsm and I'm running it using 92-130 gsm which is Thick 2 (in the PS file).

The paper I'm running is actually a pressure seal piece - it has pressure sensitive glue on the edges and after printing I run it through a pressure sealer and thens send it out as a self mailer.

I'm running the paper type as "Plain" - even though it's pre-printed...... What effect does the paper type setting have on the machine? Does it change anything at all?

Any expereince optimizing these machines for pressure seal type stock?

Thanx in advance,

Doug

Custom Search