PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7020?

Custom Search

bartman
03-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I normally service and sell Canon and HP so I don't know much about Konica's. I can purchase the Konica 7020 very reasonably and am thinking about purchasing several of these copiers and using them for rentals. Is this a good box? Are the known issues minimal? Do you think parts will be available for the next 2-3 years. Thx

BIG PAPA
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Yes they were a good box ten years ago. lol. We still have many in the field but Konica Minolta has them on the end of life for next year where they will no longer be manufacturing parts. Aftermarket who knows.

mrwho
03-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Biggest problem is the paper feed system - the gears at the back break quite easily and they're a pain to replace.

tech51
03-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I normally service and sell Canon and HP so I don't know much about Konica's. I can purchase the Konica 7020 very reasonably and am thinking about purchasing several of these copiers and using them for rentals. Is this a good box? Are the known issues minimal? Do you think parts will be available for the next 2-3 years. Thx

They are cheap for a reason, 7020`s were horrible as they got a bit of use on them. Typically dev units would fail spewing dev everywhere, the toner recyclers would block up, the seals on the drum carriage would fail causing toner spill. All of that then the feed system would break its gears as previously posted. Also be careful if you do get any because different models have different toner/dev combinations ie 7020 dev/toner doesnt go in a 7135( which was a developement of the 7020). All in all I would avoid these machines....

bartman
03-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Thank you for the responses.

CT Copier Repair
03-12-2011, 12:19 AM
junk
unless they are 50 bucks each and work well
then you can use them and throw them out

Custom Search