PDA

View Full Version : C350

Custom Search

Darren King
07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I have a minolta C350 with a peerless controler and fax. Once every couple of months the customer experiences fax problems.(can't send or recieve). We have done all the patches and firmware updates. Does anyone have experience with these controllers, or any tips that may help. Thanks.

nightshade
07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
We crapcanned every last peerless controller that we had within months of them being put into use, either put on fiery's or went with the internal controller and gave the customer a stand alone fax.

They are the biggest piece of junk that I ever had to deal with.:mad:

Hope you get the answer you are looking for.

CMB
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
about the fax part. is the line a dedicated fax line? IT HAS TO BE OR IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.
are you sure it is the fax kit and not the phone company or phone line.

we have never had any issues with fax kits on any of our copiers- it always ends up a problem with the customer running the line thru a switching phone system in thier office or the phone company itself.

just seems odd........

Darren King
07-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Like nightshade said, peerless controllers are very flakey (crappy). We have checked the line. It will work great for a while with no problems then for no apparent reason the fax part will just stop working. I was just hoping that someone had come up with a fix for this. The manufacturer and KonMin just give us the run around. Thanks

mikeena
08-08-2007, 10:16 PM
so i have no information about the peerless like admin passwords and so. so hey why not let me call peerless themselves so they can help me out with this. Oh my bad did i forget to say that it is not supported any moore and they have no documentaion, they got rid of all it. oh that makes sense. lol how do you forget what you companys password is to something like that and not have it written down. anyways im looking for help from some one and beens you guys have them hopefully you can tell me what the admin password would be please and thank you. next question is where do i get firmware and operating software for this. thanks agaiin

mikeena
08-24-2007, 12:14 AM
the admin password is "0000" minus the quotes. that's the ONLY information we were able to dig out of those sorry SOBs.. we're trying to fix fax problems too - it sends, but only sends a small section of the top of the page, and the rest is blank... anyone ever find system software????

joneze
08-25-2007, 01:12 PM
like someone already said it has to be on a dedicated line, if its shared with something like boradband then it maywell send but as soon as it detects any noise on the line its will just drop the fax( maybe this is why your getting just some of the page)

Also is it pluged into a Normal BT socket or is it going through RJ45 network socket using a conveter. Also check the fax cable itself as i know KM have been sending fax leads out that just dont work with the kit.

Custom Search