PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Requires regular inspection

Custom Search

lanierboy
03-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi All,

I have a customer that has a new C652 that is set to email me fault allerts etc.

all works ok exept i keep getting one that says "Requires regular inspection"

I cannot find this in the manual and the machine is only 2 weeks old.

anyone know why I'm getting this??

thanks

Mr Spock
03-11-2011, 11:08 AM
look at pm counter. and reset

lanierboy
03-11-2011, 12:07 PM
found the answer, it means that a unit is comming to near end life, if you click on the ip link on the email the consumable screen of the copier is shown

B0265
03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
I have noticed that a D-1 (split line dectect) code will trigger this message.

The-Peanut
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
any1 noticed when you receive that email, there is a line that says "machine location" does any1 know where that can be inserted?

Cheers

RRodgers
04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, go into the IPP section of the web page. I usually put the serial number of the machine in there. We track everything via serial number at our office.

emujo
04-04-2011, 04:15 PM
found the answer, it means that a unit is comming to near end life, if you click on the ip link on the email the consumable screen of the copier is shown

Unless this is is in a print shop I would be amazed that a 2 week old C652 has reached the life span of any of its consumables. You can also lower the split line detect threshold through service mode/SYSTEM 2. VCare does the same crap...pages out a service call for everything and it's a pain. Emujo

The-Peanut
04-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, go into the IPP section of the web page. I usually put the serial number of the machine in there. We track everything via serial number at our office.

is that under network then tcp/ip tab, not got a machine in front of me right now, no idea why its not located with the rest of the machine info.

cheers

Custom Search