• Show
Clear All
  • lanierboy
    Trusted Tech
    100+ Posts
    • Apr 2008

[Misc] Requires regular inspection

Hi All,

I have a customer that has a new C652 that is set to email me fault allerts etc.

all works ok exept i keep getting one that says "Requires regular inspection"

I cannot find this in the manual and the machine is only 2 weeks old.

anyone know why I'm getting this??

thanks
  • Mr Spock
    Vulcan Inventor of Death
    1,000+ Posts
    • Aug 2006

look at pm counter. and reset
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Comment

• lanierboy
      Trusted Tech
      100+ Posts
      • Apr 2008

found the answer, it means that a unit is comming to near end life, if you click on the ip link on the email the consumable screen of the copier is shown

Comment

• B0265
        Senior Tech
        500+ Posts
        • Jan 2007

I have noticed that a D-1 (split line dectect) code will trigger this message.

Comment

• The-Peanut
          Trusted Tech
          Site Contributor
          100+ Posts
          • Aug 2006

any1 noticed when you receive that email, there is a line that says "machine location" does any1 know where that can be inserted?

Cheers

Comment

• RRodgers
            Service Manager
            1,000+ Posts
            • Jun 2009

Yeah, go into the IPP section of the web page. I usually put the serial number of the machine in there. We track everything via serial number at our office.
            Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Comment

• emujo
              Field Supervisor
              2,500+ Posts
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lanierboy
              found the answer, it means that a unit is comming to near end life, if you click on the ip link on the email the consumable screen of the copier is shown
              Unless this is is in a print shop I would be amazed that a 2 week old C652 has reached the life span of any of its consumables. You can also lower the split line detect threshold through service mode/SYSTEM 2. VCare does the same crap...pages out a service call for everything and it's a pain. Emujo
              If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Comment

• The-Peanut
                Trusted Tech
                Site Contributor
                100+ Posts
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by RRodgers
                Yeah, go into the IPP section of the web page. I usually put the serial number of the machine in there. We track everything via serial number at our office.
                is that under network then tcp/ip tab, not got a machine in front of me right now, no idea why its not located with the rest of the machine info.

cheers

Comment

Working...