PDA

View Full Version : canon clc1120 error e 072-002

Custom Search

cimaxjohn
07-13-2007, 02:19 AM
I have canon clc1120 color copier that has e 072-002.

intravia guide shows transfer motor problem.

but it was working fine for awhile and it came back after few jams.

Anybody has idea?

Thank you

donald
08-17-2007, 05:30 PM
try replacing the female connectors( set of 2) which connects TD unit with main frame of the machine.

djzolla
08-30-2007, 02:33 PM
well this error points to the cleaning motor where the fluffy brushes live that racks in and out of the TD unit to clean it. now there a are a number of possibilities that cause this error. if the unit is very dirty the brushes dont turn easy enough hence putting the motor under pressure causing the error.
try cleaning the unit, 1 screw and disconnect to wires and the unit sldes out.

if the cleaning unit has been cleaned, but the drive rods on this unit haven't this will also cause the motor to stress.
try cleaning the drive rods.

try reseating the cleaning unit and the TD unit.
the connectors on the machine might also be at fault. how many prints has machine done?

a problem that has occurred with us is when the 5v wire has become dogdy over time. we have had to apply an unofficial mod to this wire so that it constantly feeds 5v to the unit or else the voltage drops hence the error.

trial of elimination on this issue unfortunately. try the easy stuff 1st. if all else fails try the connectors, if this dont work ure gonna have to mod the wire(not an easy job and only recommend it if ure qualified to do so)
regards
p

OtherTech
09-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Use canned air to blow off multi pin connector at back of transfer frame. You will probably have to clean brush unit, the bushings on the shaft and the shaft are the things to focus on. (to much drag when turning)

dpepin
12-11-2007, 01:33 AM
try to clean or replace the front door switch, that switch when it has a bad contact you may have E072 codes or E008 and also E004.

bkivett
12-12-2007, 12:42 AM
i agree, look at brushes real good,
i have also seen this code when clutch for polishing roller gets dirty and polishing roller will not cam back away from transfer sheet.
polishing roller is metal roller with sand paper like finish. i lay on floor with transfer assy pulled out to play with it. but if you take it out to clean, pay good attention, if not, you could be there all day putting back together.
i usually put a very small drop of oil on the brush end when i clean that unit.
my 2 cents
bgk

Canuck
12-15-2007, 02:35 AM
replace wiring harness to transfer drum(goes bad from engagement|disengagement of transfer drum)..i've had this problem

Custom Search