PDA

View Full Version : C6500

Custom Search

random
07-13-2007, 09:05 AM
This product has been out for a while. How is everyone coping with the problems? General feedback etc

thx

trapps
07-13-2007, 03:22 PM
This product has been out for a while. How is everyone coping with the problems? General feedback etc

thx
Some faulty write units and premature transfer belt problems had been experienced and marks on mainly the black drums.

random
07-14-2007, 01:49 AM
I have seen that, belts seem a lot better if you polish everything first. So no probs with the fuser - developer?

trapps
07-14-2007, 09:05 AM
I have heard of fuser gear failure (possible one) but no developer probs besides some new tanks supplied with damaged mylars.

knightfall
07-15-2007, 12:13 PM
I had uneven density in process gray or any colors, premature drum failures everything else is minor.

trapps
07-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Have you been experience rhs side exchange filter clogging with toner, we just replace or vac more frequent?What about feeding probs 300g stock?

knightfall
07-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Have you been experience rhs side exchange filter clogging with toner, we just replace or vac more frequent?What about feeding probs 300g stock?
I have notice that rht side exchange is clogging up faster than the C500, I just vacuum it on every service call I do. With the 300 gsm stock I instruct cust to run either in tray 5 or bypass tray 1-3 will not handle such heavy stock w/o jamming and if must run in tray 4 the will suggest short grain paper instead of long grain its more flexiable.

TonerMonkey
07-16-2007, 12:19 AM

thx

Write unit failures, mostly on yellow and magenta and clogging of the rear RHS filter, a modification is imminent from Japan for this which will probably be a vent directly out the back of the machine, the filter gets shitted up because it tries to exhaust into the paper feed section.

Transfer unit must be spotless especially on the section that racks in and out to the drum units.

This is all I know about these mothers,

Amen.

P.S. God bless John Smeaton

random
07-17-2007, 09:53 AM
What about feeding probs 300g stockDon't have any problems feeding 300gsm stock but do have issues with some 300gsm stocks banding dark on the lead edge for about an 1"1/4 then again about a fuser belt width away. Fuser rebuild seems to fix it for a while

probably be a vent directly out the back of the machine

This may be a bit awkward as the fan here (sames as c500) vents out the side. Thru the back would mean going over all the image processing boards. The panel vent for this fan on the right looks quite restrictive so I removed that cover (as we have a PF unit to hide the hole) and the suction increased considerably. Wonder what that will cause :)

AusiTech
07-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Had a few issues...... mainly fussy customers but i'm sure i'm not the only one!!

I found feeding 300gsm stock can be a bastard to feed, you could try;

*Puting wieghts ontop of feed roller
*Change loop setting for thick stock. I normally set up the machine until it feeds ok and then register the settings as a profile. i found that running front side loop at -20 works ok on matt stock. don't change for 2nd side as you cannot duplex 300gsm automatically.
*Urathane feed rollers(pink) where released for feeding but i havn't had much luck with those.

Jesus this is an essay!!:rolleyes: sorry

For the transfer belts, it's recomended to "brasso" the unit on all that touch's the inside of the belt.

Light image front to rear is usually most noticable when doing test copies Change individual colour to 100 instead of 255 eg. cyan 100 yellow 0 magenta 0 black 0, for halftoned cyan image.
Putting mylar strips on the drum unit where the charge sits will fix this. Further away the charge, darker it is.

I've had the black drum unit put small like bird feet marks on it, usually wipe of with good rub but come back. Havn't found fix for this yet though.

Hope that might help a couple of you.:confused:

Cheers:)

trapps
07-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Apparently for the marks on drum issue, the workaround is to swop one of the other drums in the mc to the black position(which ever one is the problem) and replace the one swopped with a new one.This help with drum lasting a bit longer as they are working on a fix in Japan(drum surface)

random
07-21-2007, 09:52 AM
So NO ONE is getting banding from the fuser on heavy stocks?

AusiTech
07-21-2007, 11:32 AM
No not banding, but i have heard that when doing alot of thick stock SRA3/A3 then SRA4/A4 and back to SRA3/A3 there can be marks caused by the smaller stock on the larger type.:confused:

Mybe check the oneway bearings and gears in fuser??

Can you scan an image and attatch it to this post?? I'm only new so i don't know.

Ps. Total copies?

random
07-21-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't think I have seen one that doesn't do this! I don't have a scan but the image shown pretty much shows what it does. If you imagine the colour on the right hand side of the sheet is supposed to be the colour for the entire page. Page size 450x320 300gsm.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72&stc=1&d=1185052678

AusiTech
07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Na Man haven't seen that and I'm sure my customers would have noticed by now.
You saying that every machine you have is doing this?
How many machines do you have?
Fuser rebuild fixes? what do you replace and how long till it comes back?
Have you checked the one way drive gears?
Is it only on black?
Is it exactly the same each copy? Does it do it on normal stock?
Is it plain bonded 300gsm stock you doing?

Sorry for all the questions... but i thought if i ask them all now might save time.:D

knightfall
07-23-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't think I have seen one that doesn't do this! I don't have a scan but the image shown pretty much shows what it does. If you imagine the colour on the right hand side of the sheet is supposed to be the colour for the entire page. Page size 450x320 300gsm.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72&stc=1&d=1185052678
Hey random if the color on the right hand side is the color through out the page is the right hand side the lead edge? what color is it suppose to be? did you run test pattern 53 at 130 and 40 for all colors does it produce similar results as your sample?

random
07-23-2007, 11:48 AM
You saying that every machine you have is doing this?
How many machines do you have?Dozens

Fuser rebuild fixes? what do you replace and how long till it comes back?Basically the belt and clean everthing else with IPA. Depending on what the customer is doing you will see it back in a week.

Have you checked the one way drive gears? I have replaced the the one way gear ONLY and it has had no effect.

Is it only on black?You will see it on any solid halftone

Is it exactly the same each copy?Pretty much

Does it do it on normal stock? To a lesser extent, worse on heavier stocks

Is it plain bonded 300gsm stock you doing?Coated stocks

Hey random if the color on the right hand side is the color through out the page is the right hand side the lead edge? what color is it suppose to be? did you run test pattern 53 at 130 and 40 for all colors does it produce similar results as your sample?The left is the lead edge. If you run 53 of each colour or all colours the pattern shown is exactly the same.

Phew, that was exhausting!!

AusiTech
07-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Wow Random, looks like you're in Sh$t.

I have a few of these machines out there. I have run off literally hundreds of halftones but have never seen it. And I'm sure the customer would have picked it too.
It just doesn't make sense that when you replace the belt it fixes it? i mean what does the belt do except turn around.... Could it be heat issue?
It hard to tell unless you look at the original.
Could you be getting voltage drop? Still doesn't make sense.
All i can suggest is maybe check more into the fuser drive.
Hang on... do you work for a dealer? if yes then where do you get you're fuser belts from? are they KM original parts? and one last question, how many copies has it done?

trapps
07-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I have seen this problem just yesterday, but more obvious on 300g stock.If i run a halftone 100 on magenta/cyan you see it, however on 80g stock not so pronounced.Did a test in showroom m/c exact same problem, just to a lesser extent.Lines are in same area on both cyan/magenta.

random
07-26-2007, 08:53 AM
I have seen this problem just yesterdayThought this might be related to stock as it seem specific to the machines running a particular type. Parts are original KM. At least it's curable eh.

When you try to repair it you will find sticky residue on the upper roller, this is the reason why as far as I am concerned the problem exists. The belt sticks to this roller where it should slip hence the smooth surface. You may not have to replace the belt if you can clean the residue from the inside.

mecanico
02-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi. with the information i have write down, i have resolved several seemed problems.

[Symptom] Under high humidity environment (70%Rh and over) and when thick paper is used, density change appears on halftone at 2 points (at 225mm and at 380 mm from leading edge).

[Probable cause]
Separation DC current is improper.

[Solution]

1) With dipswitch setting, enable process adjustment for each tray. Service mode=> [03 System setting] => [01 Software SW Setting] : Change 01-0 from 0 to 1.

2) For each tray, process adjustment, set the [Separation DC (Front)] and [Separation DC (Back) optimum value within -20 to -30 so that the density difference is the least visible.

Custom Search