PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh CL7200 duplexer jamming

Custom Search

Marv
03-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Hello,

Bellow is a problem Ricoh's own technical service seems unable to handle :( Hopefully there are more skillful persons on this forum :)

The problem is persistent paper jamming on a duplexing unit installed to a CL7200 printer. The unit is properly detected by the printer but the paper always jams after the fuser when reaching the 1st powered rollers in the duplex inverter (normal 80g/m2 laser printer paper). The reason is that the duplex inverter motors are never activated (although with SP5-804-xxx testing the 2 duplex inverter motors do work ok) and the paper sticks in those rollers while the fuser keeps pushing out and getting jammed. The fuser exit sensor is also functional.

What else could cause such problem!? Is there some software setting which keeps the duplexer inert although, otherwise, the printer sees it as available and does paper routing through it ?!

I wonder if anybody with a functional duplexer knows at what time are the inverter's motors activated. After the fuser exit sensor there seems to be no other sensor to be checked until the jam point ...

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Marv

rthonpm
03-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Sounds like burrs or wear of the plastic guide plates. Try sanding and smoothing down all of the areas in that part of the duplex. Also, check to make sure the guide mylars in that area of the duplexer aren't bent or deformed as well.

Marv
03-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Sounds like burrs or wear of the plastic guide plates. Try sanding and smoothing down all of the areas in that part of the duplex. Also, check to make sure the guide mylars in that area of the duplexer aren't bent or deformed as well.

Thank you but it's not this :( If I remove the wheels touching the active ones (left hand wheels at the arrow position) then the paper slides in smoothly and nearly goes to the next pair of wheels. At that point both motors are activated but none of them can move the paper and because the duplex inverter sensor (4) does not see the paper coming a new jam is detected.

After spending many hours with this for me is now clear that the problem consist in not activating the wheels at the arrow at the right time. Hardware seems fine, motors are capable of running but the 1st one does not get activated when needed. ROM for duplexer is 1.009 while the printer has system 1.14 (G1315860K) and engine 1.05 (G1315505D). Software incompatibility/some wrong config value?! Are newer versions available/needed? These are the sort of question I wish Ricoh could have answered ...

Related with this, the duplexer has a red LED which pulsates about once per second. Is this part of normal operation? The duplex inverter board has also 2 jumpers, one open (TB1) and one closed. I'm tempted in checking all 4 configs although the idea this might break an otherwise good duplexer stopped me, so far.

Custom Search