PDA

View Full Version : CQ C 6500 Wrong Magenta

Custom Search

Teqorious
03-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi,

When the customer print business card they got to much magenta in the logotype on one side of the paper.
I have tried to set "stripes" on the drum (Cyan + Magenta), checked developer box, dust proof glas, changed chorona unit

See the attached file for example.

Need a little help...

Christian_W
03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Hello Teqorious,

I think you have the uneven density caused by wrong mounted grid of the charging corona.
Print testcharts with 50% density cyan (magenta) and measure the denstity of the testchart at the front to back side.
Try to adjust the grid to get a even density front to back.

regards
Christian

konikilla
03-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Hi Teqorious,

I am assuming when you say "on one side of the paper" that you mean that the problem is either on the page at the front of the machine or at the back of the machine when it exits the machine.

This is very common problem.

First thing to do is go in to service mode then in to test mode and print off test page 1 (set it at dot 2) at a setting of 125. Print each colour seperatley. Do not mix them in any way. (set 1 colour for 125 and all others for 0 )

Print all 4 colours. Plain A4 from tray 1 is fine.

If the problem does not show up on any one particular colour then reduce the
setting to 110 or as lower if needed. But do it in stages and print ALL 4 colours each time until the problem reveals which colour is causing the problem.

Once you know which colour is causing the problem then do the following steps on the corresponding colour until the problem goes away.

1. Clean the laser glass.

2. Clean the Charger. (The removal of the grid will be needed but not the wire)

3. Replace the Charger.

4. Shim the Drum Assembly. This is adding plastic shims about 1mm each to one side of the drum. 2 Shims are added at a time to the black rectangle at each end of the drum
with a raised line across it's middle.

5. If all the above fails you will have to replace the drum of corresponding colour.

Teqorious
03-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you all for all the tips!

I have solved the problem.
The problem was an old developer box, I change all the boxes (had the problem on all colors more or less).

The machine is feeling good again :)

Custom Search