PDA

View Full Version : C353 IU Reset - Life Expectancy?

Custom Search

DaveK
03-14-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm sure this doesn't have a fixed answer, as it's based on volume, coverage, environment, etc... but what's the average life expectancy of a C353 imaging unit if a resetter or replacement chip is used?

We primarily print black, but a lot of our invoices/reports have a small 1/4" x 3/4" green logo on them. Obviously the idea of resetting the $1600-ish worth of color imaging units is far more attractive than replacing them, but is it worth it? We're in a bit of a budget crunch (...but hey, who isnt?) and would like to stretch the life is possible. I did the math, it would have to work out to about 4500+ additional copies to make it worth it. Maybe more if there was a place I could buy the chips cheaper, any recommended vendors??

Most of what we print is invoices and reports, so coverage should be about average (we're not running off full color pages of like brochures or sales flyers) and we come in at about 30% of our copies are color out of the 335k that's on the machine now.

Any advice would be much appreciated for this ex-copier tech now IT Manager. :)

aesthetics1
03-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi DaveK,

Definitely worth it. We have been seeing some go three and four times over. Obviously as you know, your mileage may vary!.. There are several different places to grab the chips online - sure you won't have a problem finding a vendor you like.

Zeldaman
03-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi there!
Normaly itīs no problem to "chip" the IU (if the chip work right!) but always look at the agen of the IU. Very bad quality problems may occur when itīs to old (developer on the PH-glass....).
Greetings...

Chip Resets SA
08-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Our clients at chip Resets SA re-chip all the time and find it a huge cost saving exercise:)

inutelkamo
08-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Good Day..

I dont know in c350 if available the "continues" or "Long" or what is it..
In some model like +650, i always set it to "long or continues" to lengthen the life of IU until such time black lines may appear..
Sometimes clients here argue with us that they still have good quality image but IU stops...

It can be found on tech rep mode..

:0

Darren King
08-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Have your service tech install the new Unit Optimization firmware and you will never have to rechip or re-fuse anything on the machine. It allows the machine to continue past the life expectancy and not shut down. it will save you a ton of money.
Hope this helps.
Darren

Gary G
08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
What specific version of the firmware are you talking about

Darren King
08-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Check Konica Minolta Tech Tip 954. Special firmware version GP1-R6 for the C353.
Darren

Custom Search