PDA

View Full Version : C280 intermittently locking up

Custom Search

progoffice
03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
I've got a C280 that intermittently locks up. I'm still trying to establish some sort of pattern to this. When it locks up, the panel stays on but is not responsive to touch. You can even turn off the sub power switch and the touch panel stays on. The network status lights on the NIC show activity, but I am unable to ping the copier once it freezes. Firmware is up to date. There is usually a print job in queue when it freezes, but after resetting the machine, the backed up print jobs proceed to come out without issue. I'm leaning towards the main board or possibly the hard drive. Account Track is turned on. Anybody else experience this issue before?

Thanks

acusso1234
03-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Not on this model, but in the past a logical format of the HD worked for me. If you decide to try it print your list of settings .

progoffice
03-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I've thought about doing that, but would a hard drive issue cause the machine to not ping successfully?

Zeldaman
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi there!
Had a similar problem, pull out the RAM-chip, cleaned the contacts, then it was OK.
Greetings...

SmellsHot
03-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I had the same exact problem, ended up replacing main board and NVRAM to fix machine. I would try reseating connectors first though.

progoffice
03-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Don't you just have to transfer the NVRAM from the old board to the new board. I've had to that several times on the C253/353's when replacing the main boards. I've already reseated connectors. Would a line conditioner help in any way to alleviate these things from happening?

jonw
03-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Have you tried reinstalling Firmware. I had a very similar problem same M/C

progoffice
03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Twice

Tom40
03-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Change the RAM

pinoyprinter
03-15-2011, 12:05 PM
i experienced this before..

back up your account track, turn off the HDD then try printing.
if still occurs try first firmware upgrade, if not, replace nvram/memory.

emujo
03-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Ditto on the RAM, had the exact same symptoms on a C550 recently. Much cheaper than a SYS bd. EMujo

progoffice
03-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I think I'm going to try the RAM on this one first. Who do you guys order your RAM from for these color machines? In the past we've used Techworks for Kyocera machines.

emujo
03-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm a KM dealer, but our part # is V865 3000 26. Emujo

DCPS
03-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Try to deactivate SNMP on the machine and on the driver too.

progoffice
03-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I installed a line conditioner (couldn't hurt) and based on the advice here, some new RAM. Customer reported back that it froze up on them again. According to them, there were no jobs in the print queue and it was not in use when someone realized that it had froze again.

huntergazz
04-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi Guys,

I have had this problem quite a few times on the 220, 280 and 360. 9 times out of 10 I have resolved by backing up all the settings, performing a full format of the hdd and then a logical format. Reload the settings that you exported and bobs you uncle! I have only had to replace 2 hdd's out of the 150 machines I look after in the field.

RRodgers
04-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Guys,

I have had this problem quite a few times on the 220, 280 and 360. 9 times out of 10 I have resolved by backing up all the settings, performing a full format of the hdd and then a logical format. Reload the settings that you exported and bobs you uncle! I have only had to replace 2 hdd's out of the 150 machines I look after in the field.

Looks like he's got a fix for ya right there. I was kinda thinking HDD, but... with it not running and locking up I would have probably said Ram.

aesthetics1
04-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Logical steps for this are:

Firmware (which you've done, always check for 'special firmware' relating to the issue, though)
Memory/Connector re-seating - try a pencil eraser on the RAM contacts, fixed a few for me
HDD format/replacement - as others suggested
NVRAM reset
followed by Board replacement

Be sure to let everyone know what did the job for you! Good luck.

progoffice
04-06-2011, 04:59 PM
I performed the physical and logical formatting of the HDD, but machine is still freezing up. I have not yet done the NVRAM. I guess that will be next. I'm still wondering if it's a particular print job doing this??????????????????????????????? But I haven't seen a pattern with this yet.

aesthetics1
04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Make sure all of your users are using the correct print driver.

I have had certain PDF documents lock up a client's C353 before. Typically you can remedy this with a PS driver, but in some cases I have seen old out of date versions of acrobat cause the machine to lock up completely. Updated acrobat (in this case, from version 5 > version 9 at the time) and the problem went away.

progoffice
05-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Just an update. I installed a brand new 28C6 just to eliminate a lot of guessing in the current machine and it also froze up. I pulled the new machine back out and tried and updated driver for the current machine and it continued to lock up. I'm going to try assigning the machine a different ip address and see if this makes any difference.

boanda
05-06-2011, 07:45 AM
U have on KM site for technician TAD for this problem,read it, it will help

aesthetics1
05-06-2011, 11:30 PM
If you installed a new machine that is also locking up, there is likely a driver issue, or a network device/service that is causing the machine to crash. Isolate it from the current network and you will probably see that the problem does not persist. I don't know if your contract with your customer extends over their network, but we typically charge good money to diagnose the problem if it doesn't originate from the copier itself.

I recommend changing the IP address of the copier first and foremost, and doing a clean setup on the PCs/Server to eliminate the possibility that someone has a bad job sending to it, or an old driver that you missed.

progoffice
05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Boanda, I do not have access to this TAD you are talking about. We sell the KM machines through NEC and do not have access to everything they release. Can you provide this information to me? Thanks.

progoffice
06-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Just an update... I ended up changing the IP address of the machine and I have had no more instances of the machine locking up. This machine has been using the same IP address since install. Unfortunately one of the easiest things I could have done to solve this problem was the last thing I tried. It just didn't make since that an IP address that the machine has been using without issue would all of the sudden start causing problems. Thanks for all the helpful posts.

blackcat4866
01-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Finally found this thread. I guess I did think of the solution without prompting.

My first attempt was to change the network speed setting from "Any" to "10MBs Full Duplex", which got the prints through, but slowed down the web page interactions so that the new settings weren't being stored.

The solution was "100MBs Full Duplex". =^..^=

Glaander
01-18-2012, 04:30 PM
just a dumb question here, did you check/change network cable and the network jack pin? in the pass I see copier/printer have very slow respond on print job, some work fine after change cable some was network jack pin bend up

and I also fixed some c280 and bh361 with bad hdd, that cost the machine lock up, solution was drop in new hdd (to test is hdd error or not, just turn off hdd in service mode)
and some user using hp driver and locks up the machine as well, but that was on bh223

blackcat4866
01-19-2012, 01:09 AM
... with and without the surge suppressor connection, three different cables, two different network jacks. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
01-19-2012, 01:40 AM
All but a few replies ignored the "theres always a print in the queue", IP conflicts usually have abort codes or even a plain english warning on the machine. I was going to assume you're problem was with a corrupt file re-queing or a Windows 7 issue, which is very buggy with Konicas.

sprdav
01-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Utility aUser Settings aPrinter Settings aBasic Settings aPDL Settings athen choose PostScript or PCL (depending on what driver is being used) try this mybe will help?

Custom Search