PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Di351 network scanning problem

Custom Search

HilTek
07-14-2007, 11:48 AM
We took over an office with an old Konica Minolta photocopier recently, a Di351.
Network printing isn't a problem, but it refuses to scan over the network from any client PC (all of the XP Pro). I tried installing several TWAIN drivers from Konica Minolta but the problem remains: I get an error message saying scanning failed [followed by IP address of the unit]. The Konica Minolta website is downright confusing and there are no clear manuals - one manual states the scanner is equiped with a seperate network interface, which in this case is not (lol). Their callcenter also does not support this model anymore.
1) How do I get this thing to work to scan over the network?
2) With scan-to-email you need a POP3 address, is there a workaround if you're using Exchange?

If anyone has a link to a working TWAIN driver (or a generic one) it's much appreciated!

Scott_Lewis
07-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Just because you can print does not mean it is capable of scanning. You need to have the PS option installed on this model to scan. Can you print to the copier using PS? If you can, then it should be capable of scanning.

I have never connected this model for scanning. However, the print controller (Pi3502) is very similar to the Pi5501 in the user interface. There are two methods of network scanning that I've used, e-mail and FTP, for this model series.

From what I can tell, you can only scan to e-mail if the SMTP server is open with no authentication required. This is not the case with any external SMTP servers I've used, lately. The easier method to scan would be to use the FTP option.

This is a pretty old/simple/basic print controller.

HilTek
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Can you print to the copier using PS? If you can, then it should be capable of scanning.

I know it's capable of scanning, but that wasn't my question.

I used the original CD that came with the unit to install PS, also downloaded a copy from the web to install on a different client pc... still the same problem, hence my post here.

And yes, I can print from any application, PS too.

Scott_Lewis
07-15-2007, 03:55 PM
1) How do I get this thing to work to scan over the network?
2) With scan-to-email you need a POP3 address, is there a workaround if you're using Exchange?

If anyone has a link to a working TWAIN driver (or a generic one) it's much appreciated!

1. Scan to FTP works just fine.
2. No

No. Never used TWAIN on this series. Is TWAIN included on the original CDs?

copyman
07-16-2007, 12:53 PM
print a config page and see if PS kit is installed with "128" megs ram. this is not loaded with software, the kit is a card that is installed on the print controller along with upgrading the "print controller" ram to 128meg. i have seen scan cards in mach with 64meg ram, you have to have 128meg for scanning to work properly. the ram has nothing to do with your config problem but just wanted to let you know about it.

Custom Search