PDA

View Full Version : Canon Simple feed tire replacement 4500

Custom Search

kgary
07-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Canon fax 4500 feed tire replacement requires the cover be lifted off. I can get the rear part of the cover off, but not the front part. How is the front part of the cover removed?:confused:

Copier_Guy
07-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Canon fax 4500 feed tire replacement requires the cover be lifted off. I can get the rear part of the cover off, but not the front part. How is the front part of the cover removed?:confused:

I'm not familiar with that particular model of fax machine, but I do know that Canon has a particular way they construct their equipment. You'll usually find 2 screws holding down the back and when you lift the front door where the print cartridge is located, you'll find 2 or more screws under there on either side. You'll also have to disengage the print cartridge drive lever from the top cover. On some models, even after you remove the screws, you'll need to pop the tabs that hold the top main cover to either the frame or the lower cover. If the machine has a rear mounted papaer tray, you'll need to remove that to get at the feed tires. Hope that helps. Just remember that Canon is overzealous in their use of srews and tabs and you may need to remove some other covers you wouldn't normally think you have to remove to get at the hardware that holds down the cover you need to remove.

Good luck

Comrep
07-16-2007, 02:37 PM
If you release the whole scanner unit to pivot forward,(lever in right side) you will see two black plastic screws. one on either side. take these out most of the way and then pull the black plastic grommets out also. The front will come up and off then.

kgary
07-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Releasing the 2 plastic screws and the plastic insets worked like a charm.
Thanx a million!!! :D:D

Custom Search