PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta 190F calibrating scanner all the time

Custom Search

Kenny
03-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Anyone know if you can stop it from doing this all the time it's driving my customer nuts !! is it a firmware issue

minimerlin
03-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi Kenny!
Have you cleaned the underside of the target glass area? It normally gets yellowed quickly. Also the lamp may be old, firmware was updated some time back but I have no further details about that. Is the unit doing the calibration every time you go to make a copy?

Kenny
03-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes everytime !! thanks for the reply, think we will try firmware

tech51
03-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Anyone know if you can stop it from doing this all the time it's driving my customer nuts !! is it a firmware issue

No its not firmware its the energy save and scanner sleep settings. Try this...Switch off energy save, Menu 9 enter.
Set the time and date then set scanner sleep to a time outside office hours. I usually put in 2000 to 0600 hours, Menu 2112 enter.
By way of explanation, every time the machines wakes from energy save the lamp will calibrate. By setting up the machine as above the lamp will be off during the night, the machine will calibrate once on the first use of the day, after that it should be ready to go instantly. Hope this helps........

Gordon_Shumway
03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi,
After changing scanner sleep and cleaning of the inside of the small glass panel you should also do a background level adjust. I believe it was menu * 0 9.

Custom Search