PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C252

Custom Search

guru
07-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Got a C252 with missing colors. Full color copy comes up in cyan and yellow only, prints and internal test charts in magenta and black. The only internal "test chart" that prints differently is the gradation chart which prints in cyan and yellow and machine doesn't recognize it as gradation chart. Full color original copied as B&W is almost black and regular B&W copies are 25% darker. Wonder if reloading the firmware will fix machine or I have to replace the MFP board? Machine has 6000 copies and firmware is Phase III
Any help I will appreciate..:)

knightfall
07-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Got a C252 with missing colors. Full color copy comes up in cyan and yellow only, prints and internal test charts in magenta and black. The only internal "test chart" that prints differently is the gradation chart which prints in cyan and yellow and machine doesn't recognize it as gradation chart. Full color original copied as B&W is almost black and regular B&W copies are 25% darker. Wonder if reloading the firmware will fix machine or I have to replace the MFP board? Machine has 6000 copies and firmware is Phase III
Any help I will appreciate..:)
are there any other weird things happening like incorrect meter, lock ups? it might be a nvram corruption. If you reload firmware phase 3.01 and get error codes C-D36E or C-E002 might be nvram.

AusiTech
07-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah i agree, the NV ram on those bizhub colours can be crap:eek:.
There is new recovery software for the nvram and nic for bizhub colours.
You use like you're loading normal firmware but when it starts you have the option of resetting the nic or nvram.
Let me know if you have problems sourcing it, i might be able to help....

alfpanasonic
07-18-2007, 07:27 PM
are you test the laser's?

guru
07-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I reload the firmware with no problems. Problem has not changed.
Internal prints in magenta and black
Copies in cyan and yellow
Prints from PC and controller demo are OK
Scans full color PDFs to PC- OK
Maybe is MFP board?

csimpson
12-10-2007, 06:16 AM
I would run the halftone test print for the c-k-y-m in 255 and in 120. if that makes sense. I would imagine that you have an oil can on copy screen. This doesnt sound appropriate but if you clean the print heads with a cue tip and alcohol this should bring back the color.

mitchl
12-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I reload the firmware with no problems. Problem has not changed.
Internal prints in magenta and black
Copies in cyan and yellow
Prints from PC and controller demo are OK
Scans full color PDFs to PC- OK
Maybe is MFP board?

If all else fails replace the MFP board, I had one the other day and was 100% positive that it was a NVRAM problem as the panel would come on then disappear................ It turned out to be the MFP board which by the way can be repaired by Hi tech in Orlando for the amazing price of 500 plus dollars........... still better than buying a new one though!

TugmysterUK
03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
i had the exact same problem and the MFP board solved the problem just so it dont catch anyone else out....

nightshade
04-01-2008, 01:00 AM
I would agree that it sounds like the MFP board.

DCPS
04-01-2008, 11:48 AM
First of all i would check the flat ribbon cable, which goes to MFP and reseat it (better if you can use a contact spray). I had same problems and this solved them.

Custom Search