PDA

View Full Version : IR2200 I might be an idiot

Custom Search

Rachael
07-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok so there was a paper jam in the top finishing feeder. I cleared it. It still says there's paper. I went in and cleaned it. Still thinks it's jammed. So then I went into the service menu and cleared all the jams there that I could find. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?? maybe the machine simply hates me. Any ideas on how to reset it??

cboucher
07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Ok so there was a paper jam in the top finishing feeder. I cleared it. It still says there's paper. I went in and cleaned it. Still thinks it's jammed. So then I went into the service menu and cleared all the jams there that I could find. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?? maybe the machine simply hates me. Any ideas on how to reset it??
There could be a switch actuator stuck in wrong position or broken. You could have a small torn piece of paper covering an optical switch. It could also be a weird PCB problem. You're probably better off calling a technician to come out and service your machine. You can do damage if you're not sure what you're looking for.

Copier_Guy
07-18-2007, 03:01 AM

Since you know how to get into service mode and retrieve the jam codes, please let me know what the jam code is and I may be able to tell you where the problem lies and some possible solutions.

Rachael
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I cleared them all so they are not showing now. And it's not that I don't know what I'm doing. I worked on copiers many years ago and I have worked on the 2200 before but it was not my specialty but I worked ont he machine itself usually, not the computer. I took the entire drawer apart to get the jam out and I cleaned it so I know nothing is blocking it or broken--I really feel that it is the computer itself that needs a reset--which is what I DON'T know how to do.

Copier_Guy
07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I cleared them all so they are not showing now. And it's not that I don't know what I'm doing. I worked on copiers many years ago and I have worked on the 2200 before but it was not my specialty but I worked ont he machine itself usually, not the computer. I took the entire drawer apart to get the jam out and I cleaned it so I know nothing is blocking it or broken--I really feel that it is the computer itself that needs a reset--which is what I DON'T know how to do.

From what you're saying, the machine is still displaying a constant jam condition. If that is so, I don't believe your computer would have anything to do with that. It sounds like you may have a small peice of paper stuck somewhere in the paper path, or you may have an unseated sensor flag or faulty or dirty sensor. If you gave me a jam code, the machine uses those codes, as I'm sure you know, to pinpoint the actual sensor that the paper either stopped on or didn't reach in time. That would be the area where you start your trouble shooting. Also, have you tried rebooting the machine? If the machine is in a constant jam condition state, it should be registering a jam code in the jam log. Also check the error log to see if there are any recent errors. You may need to perform a D-CON clear or even an M-CON clear to reset the machine. From what I'm getting, you can't run anymore copies/prints, because the machine is stating, "Clear Jam". Check those two things and let me know what you find. ERROR LOG and JAM LOG. Make sure to reboot machine also.

canontech
07-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi,

Go into service mode by pressing the * additional function button then 2 and 8 together then * again, goto copier>jam:

Here are all the 2200 jam codes:

FF: Types of Jams
Code Type
00xx none
01xx delay jam
02xx stationary jam (If you have paper jammed, the jam code will start with 02)
0Axx power-on stationary jam ( or OA if its there when powered on )
0Bxx cover open jam
9003 logic jam (*1)
9011 logic jam (*2)
10xx finisher jam
*1: standby jam from the Finisher-J1.
*2: image request absent jam.

ff: Jam Sensors (use this to locate the sensor)
Code Sensor
xx01 registration paper sensor (PS10)
xx02 multifeeder paper sensor (PS22)
xx03 pre-registration paper sensor (PS9)
xx04 vertical path paper sensor (Q1603)
xx05 cassette 1 re-try sensor (PS7)
xx06 cassette 2 re-try sensor (PS8)
xx07 cassette 3 re-try sensor (PS2C)
xx08 cassette 4 re-try sensor (PS3C)
xx09 deck pickup sensor (PS1D)
xx0A deck feed sensor (PS6D)
xx11 image leading edge sensor (PS12)
xx12 fixing/feed sensor (PS13)
xx13 No. 1 delivery sensor (PS15)
xx14 No. 2 delivery sensor (PS19B)/
relay delivery sensor (PS19Z)
xx15 No. 3 delivery sensor (PS21B)
xx21 duplex inlet paper sensor (PS17)
xx22 duplex output paper sensor (PS18)
xx33 front cover switch (SW3)
xx34 right cover open/closed sensor (PS23)
xx35 2-way delivery open/closed sensor (PS24B)/
relay delivery open/closed sensor (PS24Z)
xx36 right cover open/closed sensor (PS1C)
xx37 deck set sensor (PS5D)
xx39 finisher front cover sensor (S1)

I will elaborate if needed.

Let me know how you go......:cool:

Custom Search