PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta c351 TCP/IP

Custom Search

usspeedup2
03-22-2011, 09:39 PM
hi everyone
i have this printer and
i need to make some changes in the TCP/IP menu, but the problem is that i cant see that option in the network settings, and i dont have 4 pages as i should have, i have only 1 page and nothing about tcp/ip so i cannot change anything,
i printed the settings page from the machine and it says everything and the ip adress, too,

i called a guy, and he said that its because you have a computer in the back of your printer, it seems like that computer is built in , he said its called something like "fairy"

anyways

and he told me that this setting is in that pc, but how do i get to that pc? any suggestions ?

need any help
(the menu and the back of the printer. the blue cable is the internet cable)

acusso1234
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
The guy is right. the printer must be set up in DHCP and the ip is assigned to the controller. To change the ip adress you have to go into the setup (pw is Fiery.1) and make the configuration.

usspeedup2
03-22-2011, 11:15 PM
can you help me find that fairy setup?

do i have to press utility/couter button ?
or it is in the question mark settings "?" ?

acusso1234
03-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Open your browser and type only the actual IP adress of the contoller. In this way you can access to the web interface of your controller. From here you can log in as administrator (using Fiery.1 as pw) and make your settings.
There is also a little icon on the left down corner of your printer display. Push it and you can find the menu you need.
On the internet you can find lots of guides about efi controllers like yours.

usspeedup2
03-23-2011, 03:20 AM
oh so efi controllers are another step in this crazy technologyy :) hehe wow
amazing. never tought about it.

so what im going to do tomorrow is bring my laptop and connect directly the cat cable from my laptop to the fiery
open the browser
enter the printers ip adress 192.168.1.50
and hope the password will be the same "Fiery.1"
hope there is no need to enter any username
will tell what happens tomorrow
thanks

Custom Search