PDA

View Full Version : 250f networking

Custom Search

rileycp
07-19-2007, 05:17 PM
i've been trying to set up a di250f to a network or about a month. i've gone through one bad controller and got agood replacement form the supplier. I had to reset the network card and was told i had to change it to a static ip which i have done but it still is donong the same thing. what it is doing is after about an hour or so it looses connection and can't get it back.
any help would be great thanks!!!

Scott_Lewis
07-20-2007, 02:08 AM
what it is doing is after about an hour or so it looses connection and can't get it back.
any help would be great thanks!!!

I can think of two things that will cause this problem. First, the controller is bad. Two, there is another device that is using the same IP address as the copier.

Try pinging for another device with the copier disconnected from the network. I can't count the number of times I've had strange behavior from the copier only to find another device using the same IP addy.

rileycp
07-23-2007, 06:14 PM
ok i checked the print controller and its ok i have also try'd pinging for another device with same address and there isn't one. Any other suggestions???

AusiTech
07-24-2007, 11:52 PM
ok i checked the print controller and its ok i have also try'd pinging for another device with same address and there isn't one. Any other suggestions???
Might be worth a try.
Try changing the speed of the nic card from auto to 100.

skirt_chaser
07-25-2007, 12:21 AM
If you do not have a duplicate IP address on the network, and you have a known good NIC, then it may be:

- bad network cable
- bad wall jack (drop)
- wrong config (10 Mbps/half duplex OR 100 Mbps/full duplex)
- bad port on the switch or hub

Change the cable, then (if no joy) use another drop. You should be able to ping the machine from any computer on the same network segment at the very least.

In a windows environment, use the following command (on a computer on the same segment) to test for reliability of the connection:

ping 000.000.000.000 -t
(substitute the copier IP address for the zeroes)

This will ping the machine continuously until you press <CTL> C to break.

You can use the following command in a windows environment (on a computer on the same segment), to find the network config info. for that network:

ipconfig /all

GL.

Scott_Lewis
07-26-2007, 02:18 AM
- bad network cable
- bad wall jack (drop)
- wrong config (10 Mbps/half duplex OR 100 Mbps/full duplex)
- bad port on the switch or hub

Good call. I've had all of these show up as a problem at one time or another.

The switches tend to show up more often than I'd like. I've had a number of cases where a managed switch was set improperly. Sometimes a port just plain goes bad. Other times, it seems that the port gets messed up due to bad cables or noise -somewhere- in the network. If the problem goes away after reseting the switch then comes back later, suspect noise or heat related type problem with the switch.

rileycp
08-02-2007, 10:30 PM
i am still having problems. how do you change the speed???

Scott_Lewis
08-04-2007, 06:11 AM
i am still having problems. how do you change the speed???

I don't see where you can change the speed with this model.

Have you tried attaching a prepared (network configuration compatible with copier settings) laptop to the copier to test printing while/after the copier has started acting up? I try to do everything I can to verify the problem is really in the copier/controller or not. I've wasted FAR TOO MUCH TIME working on customer network problems.

Have you tried resetting the card to factory settings via the hardware jumpers?

AusiTech
08-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry but i don't know this model but usually you can change it in the web browser. Sometimes you can't see the option, but maybe try something like this might work.

(IP) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/speed
in web browser

Somebody else might know if this jogs their memory enough.

rileycp
08-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Have you tried attaching a prepared (network configuration compatible with copier settings) laptop to the copier to test printing while/after the copier has started acting up? Have you tried resetting the card to factory settings via the hardware jumpers?

What do you mean by attaching a prepared (network configuration compatible with copier settings) laptop to the copier to test printing while/after the copier has started acting up?

Yes i have reset to factory.

Scott_Lewis
08-07-2007, 02:17 AM
What do you mean by attaching a prepared (network configuration compatible with copier settings) laptop to the copier to test printing while/after the copier has started acting up?

Yes i have reset to factory.

Install the drivers for the Di250 on the laptop. Use the IP address of the copier in question for the port address. Be sure you use 'standard TCP/IP' and the Minolta Network Card for the network card type. Make sure you are using the proper data type, default is lpr, use print as the queue name ("print" in lowercase works in every case I've used it, don't remember the official Minolta preferred name).

Set up the laptop IP address (not the same as copier) and subnet to be compatible with the settings of the copier. After the copier has started printing garbage on the customer's network, remove copier from customer network, connect your laptop to the copier using a crossover cable, send a print job to the copier from the laptop.

If the laptop can print ok, then your work is probably done.:)

skirt_chaser
08-08-2007, 05:10 PM
If you enter the machine's IP address in Internet Explorer or other web viewer, can you get access to a graphical administration screen ?

If you can, you can check and adjust most network settings that way.

rileycp
08-08-2007, 09:52 PM
If you enter the machine's IP address in Internet Explorer or other web viewer, can you get access to a graphical administration screen ?

If you can, you can check and adjust most network settings that way.
i have done that and after about an hour it loses the ip and wont get it back

TonerMonkey
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Sorry but i don't know this model but usually you can change it in the web browser. Sometimes you can't see the option, but maybe try something like this might work.

(IP) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/speed
in web browser

Somebody else might know if this jogs their memory enough.

(IP) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/nic/speed
in web browser

I think this only works in the Konica RIPs, don't think there is a way to do it with the generic Minolta network cards.

I have been wrong before though...............

mikeena
08-08-2007, 10:23 PM
so i had a recent problem where a customer could not print to there di250 and it would ping once in awhile i could log into the controller everything. first thing i did was replace the controller same problem. next try to replace the main power supply and it fixed it. swaped one from another machine. once i brought back the other controller to my office to trouble shoot it i got codes and all sorts of crap. it worth a shot but i would suggest looking for a use one before you buy a new one

skirt_chaser
08-08-2007, 11:09 PM

When you say it loses the IP, do you mean the IP address displayed on the machine goes blank ? Or do you mean it stops responding on the network to that IP address ?

skirt_chaser
08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm not familiar with the 250f, but one other thing I just thought about....
Konica machines used to have a menu where you would set the NIC speed, the IP address, the default gateway, the subnet mask, etc. But after changing these settings, you had to go to a menu where it said "Update NIC Settings" or something like that. The default password was "sysadm". Is that the case with yours ?

Also, if you have set a static IP address, set DHCP to off on the copier.

mikeena
08-09-2007, 03:57 AM
no it would not lose the network settings they would always be there but you couldnt ping it or log into the web etc.

skirt_chaser
08-09-2007, 04:42 PM
If you can't even ping it, then it has lost all connectivity, as if it was unplugged. I don't think it is a network error, as you do get connectivity at first. All things remaining the same, you should have connectivity continuously. If it is totally dropping off the network like that, it means that there is a communication problem. In other words, the machines are losing their ability to "hear" each other. That means a hardware problem.

mikeena
08-09-2007, 10:45 PM
no it was the power board. the nic plugs into the power board by 4 wires if there is noise on those wires or a problem with the power board that would cause the issue to. explaing that is why the problem has not come back on one but the one that has the old power board is haviung issues

skirt_chaser
08-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I was commenting on the problems posted by Rileycp.
Sorry for the confusion.

mikeena
08-10-2007, 03:16 AM
my bad sorry

Scott_Lewis
08-11-2007, 07:00 AM

Are you doing this from an isolated pc or laptop using a crossover cable? OR, are you doing this from the customer's network?

In my longwinded explanation prior, I was trying to get you OFF of the customer's network wiring.

rileycp
08-22-2007, 09:24 PM
thank you for your suggestions.
i have tryed them all and have found the problem i had to change the port number to 9099 in the web interface page wich sets it to 9100 and so far no problems so again thanks:D

rasman67
08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Its a crossover cable, you can get at any computer or office store

Copierdave
08-28-2007, 12:54 AM
It sounds as if you have fixed the problem. However, just sharing here, we have an account that has about 30 di250's.
For the record, You can NOT change the speed of the nic on the Di250.
From time to time we will get a call - "Can't print" - "Can't browse to the nic". If you do a continuous ping using the -t (example: ping 192.168.1.88 -t), either won't reply at all or the reply's shows alot of drop packets.
Put a cross over cable to a notebook to isolate from their network, and it will print fine and ping reply without any noticable dropped packets.
The customer has serveral swithes through their organization and they can change the speed of their switches to half duplex speed. When they change them to half duplex speed, life is good again until someone from their IT changes out a switch or makes some kind of a change on the switch's settings.

Custom Search