PDA

View Full Version : CQ C550 Color Blind Machine??!!

Custom Search

krazeekidz3
03-23-2011, 09:44 PM
I have a customer with a C550 that has been printing colors slightly off color. For example, peach is yellowish and blue is purplish. I can run the gradation adjust and the color might be fine for a few days or it might change gradually over a few hundred prints or it might change in the middle of the job, from one print to the next. OR IT MIGHT NOT CHANGE AT ALL!!! Also, the color may change after cycling the main power. For example, if the color is off, it goes back to normal when I cycle the main power. BUT NOT ALWAYS!!! I've replaced the MFP Board, the DIMM modules, the DC POWER SUPPLY, the IUs together and in combination with one another, both IDC sensors and the humidity sensor. The ITB, the transfer roller, and the fuser are fairly new. The values on the screen, before, during, and after a gradation adjust are normal. EVEN if the color has changed!! What holds the values? What other componants are involved with image processing or retaining values for adjustments? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Mr Spock
03-24-2011, 12:56 AM
I believe there was a firmware update for this.

krazeekidz3
03-25-2011, 05:25 PM
I tried the newest firmware. Is there a special firmware??
Thanks!

krazeekidz3
03-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I noticed that there have been several posts with this same issue and they have all been on the C550/C451/C452 series. Not one of them has posted the fix!!! Can anyone help me out? As you can see, I've tried just about everything. I just know its something simple that I'm missing!! UGH!!!!

johskar
04-01-2011, 02:38 PM
I've been using an GJ0-F6 special firmware lately (iirc originaly intended for SafeQ solutions iirc, but it works alot better than ageing G00-R6 for me in such situations)

Custom Search