PDA

View Full Version : CQ How to get rid of the thin white lines due to dust on 6500/6501

Custom Search

Herrmann
03-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Here is a new McGuiver from me :)
Looks a little odd, but does the trick. All you need is Gauze Bandage from a first aid kit; take one layer and place it on the louver on the right side of the mashine (operator side orientated) like this:

Here you can see, how much dust it traps in 4 Months which would be elsewhere sucked into the mashine resulting in the annoying thin white lines:

This little modification reduces my visits to this customer from 3-4 weeks up to 3-4 months :)

mrwho
03-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Nice. In a place where looks matter, you could just take out the cover and do it from the inside. Neat!

Desert Rat
03-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Thanks for that tip. Being here in the desert, we tend to have dust storms during the summer monsoons.
I suppose to make those lines go away would entail removing the lasers?

DR

graphicmood
06-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Sure that is a great modification, but be carefull guys not to let the dust stuck to much the airflow, because that is the airflow for the write unit itself, over heating of the write unit can cause the failure of the write unit, I think if I do this in field I'll ask the operator to let me know if the filter is already dirty

bigdcopy
06-18-2011, 05:46 PM
I agree with graphicmood watch where you do it I had another tech do something like this in a print shop with limited airconditioning and the lasers overheated so I had to live with the call backs instead of the overheated laser.

Custom Search