PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta c220 image quality problem

Custom Search

brent
03-24-2011, 01:43 AM
so this machine has 8k on it. and it has done this twice. all of the sudden one day we start to get some light and darker bands going in the feeding direction of the paper. I took all the units out and did not see any lines on any of the drums. I did notice that the lines on the copy did seem to be on both sides of the paper. which was odd to me. being we were doing a single sided copy. I ran a few copies and it went away. came back today. I didnt get any ideas from the km website. anybody seen this? I can post a scan of it tomorrow. thanks

brent

bigdcopy
03-24-2011, 04:45 AM
Is customer running coated or thick paper with the settings not correct? This will dirty up the fuser giving lines on both sides also on guides out of the fuser.

BIG PAPA
03-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Is the banding actual print or is it shadowing? Verify it is not super cheap(but oh what a deal) paper. Have had some issues with cheap paper.

Zeldaman
03-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Hi there!
Try if possible another transfer-unit, we´ve had some bad experience with malfunction of the cleaning-blade, espacily when the customer uses cheep paper (dust,dust....).
Greetings...

brent
03-24-2011, 02:47 PM
I think it was a paper issue. when I showed up andran some regular copies. with a good 20 lb paper it went away. I will let the end user know that when they run paper that was probably a little hevier. and not told the machine.
thanks for the help

brent

Custom Search