PDA

View Full Version : Do you work with your sells team?

Custom Search

unisys12
07-21-2007, 04:19 AM
And, do they work with you?

I would like to know.

For me, personally, it is very important to me to be able to walk into our salespersons office and talk to them about an account that is either going wrong or has gone wrong or someone that is ready to upgrade and take the next step. I would like to know how others, here, think about this on a daily basis!

knightfall
07-21-2007, 05:10 AM
it funny if you could sit in one one of the sales meetings you would discover that the average account manager has to produce a 30-60-90 day forecast to the the branch manager and if he/she can't produce those numbers forecasted and does it too many times that person would be out of a job, have you ever wonder if sales people make their quota and if they didn't how do they pass the blame? well my fellow technicians we are their scape goat, a sales person will come to you and ask you about an account they are trying to upgrade but be careful what you say the sales person they will take what you say and push it out of context and then you take the hit for that sales person not being able to upgrade that account. I'm from New York City its dog eat dog here. Just because a sales person gives you praises or money they are not there to help you and just because your manager shits on you for what you said to the sales person do not mean hes trying to hurt you. I work in a small dealership and we have hired all the sales deviants.

unisys12
07-21-2007, 05:25 AM
Thanks for your response Knightfall... I come from the other side of the spectrum where I work for a small dealer in a small town that covers a large area. We have mainly one sales person and she does an awsome job, but sometimes we work better together rather than against each other.

Case in point... She recently picked up a local print shop and they wanted to upgrade their Savin 413/Feiry color printer with a Savin 3535, but I suggested against it. She had a fit, but after talking with her at length about the differences and why - she understood. The customer actually decided on the 3535 anyway, but at least they know the limitaitons of the machine as compared to the 413 so.... For me, that is a hugh win... :cool:

nightshade
07-21-2007, 09:21 PM
A few of our techs do, but for the most part they do not communicate.

I work with the salesmen that sell in my area. Got tired of them over selling machines.

patterson
07-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Hello Unisys12, I am in sales for Savin for a Maryland dealership (I also do some repairs) and was wondering if I could get your perspctive on the differences between these two modles. I know the 413 is a graphics model, is it 8 bit depth v. 2 bit for the C3535, any help greatly appreciated as I may need to know this for an account in the field.

unisys12
07-23-2007, 05:19 AM
Hello Unisys12, I am in sales for Savin for a Maryland dealership (I also do some repairs) and was wondering if I could get your perspctive on the differences between these two modles. I know the 413 is a graphics model, is it 8 bit depth v. 2 bit for the C3535, any help greatly appreciated as I may need to know this for an account in the field.

Hey Patterson... First thing I suggest is getting your hands on the 3535 product support guide. You will find a host of info there so that you can compare the two boxes.

One thing I would like to point out though - For some reason the 3535 comes out of the box with 2-bit printing set as the default, although it supports up too 4-bit. The 4540 comes set to 4-bit. I cannot speak for the 413, since I have not worked with that box very much and would hate to just start spilling out what I think I know. Ya know? :) As for the 8-bit part you mentioned. I have heard our sales woman mention this to me on more than one occasion. I of course argued with her, but while at school found out that the EFI versions of this whole family supports 8-bit emulation. *NOTE* Note that I said "emulation", because what happens is that the image is actually rendered twice with the EFI versions. So that's were that comes from. While in class a few weeks ago, on the 3535 family, our instructor actually made some copies for us on several different models, with and without Feiry's, and the difference was amazingly clear. So I would suggest that if you are placing one of these in a print shop, it is for sure worth the extra few grand to place the EFI version.

Anyway, I will add this though - The 3535 will run a wide range of media types (thicker papers and what not) but the most important thing you have to remember about the 3535/4540 (as well as the 2525/3030) is that they are not production color machines. They are more in line with business color. Now! Can you place one of these in a print shop and everyone be happy? Possibly not, if it is not made clear that this machine will not run kromekote till the cows come home. In other words, it's not designed to run thicker media in large runs. Small runs (10 or less) are fine, but anything above that is playing with fuser failure. Greater wear and tear on the machine parts, which will mean that break downs will happen sooner rather than later.

Our dealer actually bought one just so we could put it through some torture tests and compare it directly with the 413. We found what I stated above, but did find that it produced just as good, in some cases, better prints than those from the 413 with the Fiery E-710 controller more consistantly. Also, the reliablity of this machine over the 413 is, by some, arguably better. And bear in mind that our tests were done before the release of the 3535efi version that is now available.

Last thing... The 413, although a good machine, is still pretty old technology when compared to the 3535. I think I am correct in saying that the production of the 413 stop in `06? With that said, we have several 413's in print shops right now that run hugh color volumes on these machines and we would not even considering changing them out with a 3535. Even though these customers would like to upgrade in speed and flexibility, the thinker paper that these perticular customers run on the 413's combined with the volume would kill a 3535 fuser in a month or less. Were as currently, the fuser in the 413 runs PM to PM. If your account will be running a vast majority of paper below

Given everything that I just said, I am sure there is another Ricoh or Savin tech out there that could add to this. Hope this helps and God forbid if I just confused things for ya. If you have any other questions about anything, shot me a PM. Even if don't know the answer, I like learning so that just makes it fun for me. :cool:

Cipher
07-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Yes, because they make my job easier (basically).

The sales team loves me because I'm a walking wealth of information and I know and get on well with 99% of the customers and their I.T admin.

I'm often asked about what the customer is like, who is the best person to deal with and what models I think we should push and models we should stay clear of.
But alot of time I actually setup our sales guys with deals because the customer knows and trusts my advice over some sales guy they have never delt with.
We get alot of customers phone up and ask for quotes on specific models based on my recommendation.

patterson
07-23-2007, 04:08 PM
That was a great summary, very valuable. Our dealership never picked up the 413 as is was a little above our capabilities at the time, that is we did not ave the customer base or an available tech or two to commit to that machine. My sales for color have been the older C3800 Ricoh and some C2408s, C2410s, C3838s and C3528s. I have recently sold a C3535 and it is doing well. If I learn anything interesting I will forward it to you.

skirt_chaser
07-24-2007, 07:46 PM
They are a bad disease, stay well away from them or you'll catch it.

The symptoms are:

- you sell a machine to be delivered tomorrow, that hasn't even arrived in the shop yet, then when it does arrive, it gets thrown together and pushed out the door before even being run

- you tell the customer that the machine will make them better in bed

- you sell the customer a machine that is way too small for their needs, because they don't want to spend money, then have a tech move into their premises and sleep beside the machine to keep it running

- you continually harass the technical dept. for answers to "what happened ?" "what caused it ?" and "how did that happen ?" even though you haven't the faintest clue what the technician said when he explained it all to you (this does not deter you from continually asking, but doesn't prompt you to learn anything, much less care)

- you insist on the technician dropping whatever he is doing to run over to your location because you decided you wanted to show the customer a feature of the machine that you can't remember how to demonstrate (this does not prompt you to print the information or write it down for next time)

cboucher
07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
They are a bad disease, stay well away from them or you'll catch it.

The symptoms are:

- you sell a machine to be delivered tomorrow, that hasn't even arrived in the shop yet, then when it does arrive, it gets thrown together and pushed out the door before even being run

- you tell the customer that the machine will make them better in bed

- you sell the customer a machine that is way too small for their needs, because they don't want to spend money, then have a tech move into their premises and sleep beside the machine to keep it running

- you continually harass the technical dept. for answers to "what happened ?" "what caused it ?" and "how did that happen ?" even though you haven't the faintest clue what the technician said when he explained it all to you (this does not deter you from continually asking, but doesn't prompt you to learn anything, much less care)

- you insist on the technician dropping whatever he is doing to run over to your location because you decided you wanted to show the customer a feature of the machine that you can't remember how to demonstrate (this does not prompt you to print the information or write it down for next time)

I think we might work at the same place...

07-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Do you work with your sells team?

That implies that our sales team works.

Custom Search