PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta, Kyocera

Custom Search

Darren King
03-24-2011, 11:39 PM
We sell and service primarily Konica Minolta and are generally happy with the line, but my boss is thinking about adding Kyocera to our stable. I was wondering if this is a good step to take or is it a mistake. Are these good machines compared to the KonMin line?
Thanks
Darren

JSC
03-25-2011, 12:05 AM
We sell KM and Kyocera. The kyocera black & White range of machines are superb, but the colour is not up to the KM colour range. Kyocera are about to launch a whole new range of machines.

Morlock49
03-26-2011, 01:23 AM
we sell KM and Copystar. and overall the copystar machines are more reliable than the KM machines. The new series of colour copiers from Kyocera look like they may be a match for the KM colour machines. Take on Copystar or kyocera and you won't regret it.

bigdcopy
03-26-2011, 10:54 PM
I agree with the others Konica color is a better machine, I spend more time servicing Kyocera color machines than comporable Konica machines. The black and whites run about the same.

RRodgers
03-27-2011, 12:11 AM
I've had my hands in some Kyocera B&W boxes and I godda say I freaking love them. REALLY easy to work on they seem to last like tanks. But I've only worked on a few so I could be wrong.

Tata
08-19-2011, 05:42 PM
It is the best thing we have done in our company. To switch from Konica/Minolta to Kyocera. You won't regret it!! Color is an issue, but only with our techs and some picky customers. I'm one of those that if I'm happy with the copy quality, I know the customer is going to love it.

eddiep
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
I've worked on several different makes over the years and by fare the B/W copystars are work horses.

habik
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
We still have KM6030, 6330 in the field and they just WORK... as long as you do your PM properly :)

Konica COLOR!

Kyocera B&W!

No other way around, unless Kyocera improves..

I'd say Kyocera color is for purpose of being BW with the every now and then color print.
Haven't played with any latest models though.

Custom Search