PDA

View Full Version : Error Code BH160 Black copies, C14A3

Custom Search

krazeekidz3
03-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I have a customer who has been having issues with black copies on a BH160. The scan lamp was not coming on once in a while. As soon as power was cycled, it would work fine. I killed it!! Really, I did nothing to it, but check for broken cables and check connectors. But, NOW it has this stupid error code C14A3!! The service manual said to replace the scanner for black copies, but there is NO PART NUMBER!!! Then there is a bulletin that says something about a board update, but it just doesn't seem like it fits, it doesn't have all of the symptoms. I don't want to go ordering random parts! I want to know where the problem lies, BEFORE I order start ordering parts!! Anyone seen this before?? Thanks for your time!!!

ni311
03-26-2011, 11:27 AM
You won't find the codes in service manual but in Parts Manual. The part number for CCD MODULE is 4980 1001 01.

CraigW
03-26-2011, 08:54 PM
We ordered a scanner assy for a 160 once, and it did not solve the no scan lamp issue. The problem is with the boards...certain board damages another or similar. Maybe even require firmware work iirc.

Cantechman
03-27-2011, 05:20 AM
I am willing to bet its the pwb-p board. There are bulletins about that error and being related to the board. If your a paying customer its not cheap either.

ni311
03-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Also, you should check the flat cable that come from scanner to board. That one can be easily damaged, it is so fragile.

krazeekidz3
03-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the info. I'll update with my results. It's been kinda put on the back burner for my other problem with the C550. Check it out. I really need some advise. It's titled Color Blind Machine. Thanks!!!!

Custom Search